show your Spaceliners!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for posting in here to bring it back up. I love Spaceliners, I have one in pieces in the basement, a rat Flightliner in the garage and I just bought two of JoeyMac's.

All of these are real nice, the earlier ones fronts of the tanks lenses look like the lenses of the weapons on the War of the Worlds original movies ships.

The frame I got from Double Nickel which I wished I knew how I could clean it like one of the other members Spaceliners pics was done on, I think page four.
PICT1109-.jpg

And of course the Klunker that I will be taking the paint off some how and maybe some day I can have an original springer for it, if only there was someone out there would take an old one then remake new ones out of it, same thing goes for the tanks.
PICT1130.jpg

I'm new to Rat Rod, so I wanted to add my new find.

Spaceliner%2B%2528Large%2529.JPG

Spaceliner5%2B%2528Large%2529.JPG

Spaceliner4%2B%2528Large%2529.JPG

Spaceliner3%2B%2528Large%2529.JPG

Spaceliner2%2B%2528Large%2529.JPG

Spaceliner1%2B%2528Large%2529.JPG

The chrome is flaking on the frame and it's missing the tank, rear lens and the sprocket cap. I'd like to add a tank, but they seem hard to find.

Hope the snow melts and the salt is gone from the roads soon so I can take this baby for a nice long ride!

Was Fleetwing another? I have a bike that looks very similar but on the tank it says Fleetwing.

scrumblero said:
Robeast said:
Thanks! So, there's Spaceliner, Cosmic Flyer, Flightliner, and........?

those are different models.. I was thinking Sears, Murray. Western Flyer and Parkleigh... :roll:

pick said:
slacker said:
Here is my inviso-liner. Sweet, huh?

:oops:

izou2u.jpg

I'm afraid the inviso-liner may win the build off this year! :lol:

It must be able to be ridden though. :mrgreen: I don't see a chain.

thats not an original invisoliner. looks like a repop to me. :mrgreen:

hi my names brandon i just got into bikes and i cant stop the western flyers catch my eye
i just scored 2 bikes i think you will love i dont know alot about them but i could sure use some imput i love em
you have a great collection

brandon keep on a picken
WesternFlyer.jpg
vnzxkbhy7rchjgzzcxdfyutrstr80i9y7t70-hyutfrdyoidszh002.jpg
vnzxkbhy7rchjgzzcxdfyutrstr80i9y7t70-hyutfrdyoidszh001.jpg
the womans bike im not sure what year or model
i do have serial numbers

i dont know what happened to my pics i havent seen any like these please learn me
vnzxkbhy7rchjgzzcxdfyutrstr80i9y7t70-hyutfrdyoidszh002.jpg
vnzxkbhy7rchjgzzcxdfyutrstr80i9y7t70-hyutfrdyoidszh001.jpg
try this again im a rookie somebody tell a brother by the way thast not my car id rather have the bike

hi im brandon i just wanted to say sorry for posting on your thread im new to this and i thought i was very rude now realizing that
i love your bikes you could probably teach me alot about mine i need to set up my intro
hope to talk to you soon

Here is one I picked up this weekend. Ever since I first saw one I decided I had to have one. Love the frame style.
swapmeetbikes003.jpg

I got this one also this last weekend, don't know if it qualifies, but has the spaceliner type frame. Any info on this "Murray Fleetline" is appreciated, I can't seem to find much about them. this one is a 1960 model. I really like the dual headlights.
swapmeetbikes002.jpg

swapmeetbikes005.jpg

swapmeetbikes006.jpg

pick said:
I got this one also this last weekend, don't know if it qualifies, but has the spaceliner type frame. Any info on this "Murray Fleetline" is appreciated, I can't seem to find much about them. this one is a 1960 model. I really like the dual headlights.
swapmeetbikes002.jpg

Your Murray looks really similar to a Western Flyer 'Golden Flyer, which was a one year only model (1959, I believe) but it was only available in black and gold.
Still you've gotta couple of nice rides there!

Here is a shot of my Western Flyer Strato Cruser aka "Spaceliner" its is currently a work in progress, with the addition of a Bendix Aeronotics Manual 2 Speed rear hub. The tank & rack are in original condition and even came complete with the "Original" Contract between the Paperboy who originally owned it and who I suspect was his father. Showing the price of the bicycle, a number of repairs and his payments for said "Expences" to his parents. A real peek into the past, when a kid with the help of his parents learned what the meaning of a "Buck" was and went out and hussled a living to support his "Ride..." Not unlike arrangements I had as a kid with a paper route and a weekly circular, that used to pay for my flats & repairs.

This is my "first" effort at posting a pic, so I hope I created the account & inserted the image below "correctly...?" We will soon see...

WesternFlyerStratoCruiser2.jpg

Well, it would appear I inserted the "code" but maybe not correctly... anyway here is a link to the entire pic list on Photobucket where it is a "Public" album... Hopefully next time I get it right....
http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb4 ... 20Cruiser/

Latest posts

Back