show your Spaceliners!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chukndatruk said:
anyone know what takes the clear coat off spaceliner frames? i was useing steel wool and it has been coming off, a lot of elbow grease, was wondering if there was something easier, tried goof-off, thinner,most chemicals that require gloves or practically a respirator...haha..thanks for any info
I used a brass wire wheel on a drill on mine. -Adam

Boardtrack fan said:
chukndatruk said:
anyone know what takes the clear coat off spaceliner frames? i was useing steel wool and it has been coming off, a lot of elbow grease, was wondering if there was something easier, tried goof-off, thinner,most chemicals that require gloves or practically a respirator...haha..thanks for any info

You can try oven cleaner. Some online automotive supply sites carry kits for removing clear from aluminum and chrome wheels.

I ended up using a dull razor blade, it took a long time but didn't require a respirator!
You have to get a 'feel' for the blades angle when scraping...it's the best idea I could come up with at the time.

Here's one I picked up several month's ago.

Flightliner I picked up at a swap meet (before).
DSC08508.jpg

Same bike (after)
DSC00118.jpg

Basically went thru the bearings, added some 'aged' white walls and changed the seat and pedals. Other than that I felt this one was perfect!

Here'a couple of girls Spaceliners I picked up this year, I could've put them under 'fresh finds' but thought they belonged here:

I haven't decided what to do with either yet.
DSC00744.jpg

DSC00742.jpg

Here's a couple of side by side pics, notice any differences?

DSC00748.jpg

DSC00747.jpg

more to come...btw, anybody got a girls tank?

Here's another one, this one's a 24" Spaceliner and it's the first small one I've seen. It's really in pretty good shape considering it's age, etc...
Anybody have a rear fender?

DSC00794.jpg

here was mine. i just traded it away a couple weeks ago :roll:
000_0003-2.jpg

Heres a few of mine. A '65 Western Flyer "Cosmic Flyer" that I've collected a few better chrome parts for. It's just going to get cleaned,serviced and left as is. Also a Spaceliner frame and tank that I'm collecting parts to build a hotrod out of.

Heres a picture of the above frame and tank before it was parted out :mrgreen:

Here's some pics of a Spaceliner I did for a buddy of mine, I'll probably start another thread for it though.

Before (which I first posted several pages back)

DSC07025.jpg

After

DSC08542.jpg

Robeast said:
Thanks! So, there's Spaceliner, Cosmic Flyer, Flightliner, and........?

those are different models.. I was thinking Sears, Murray. Western Flyer and Parkleigh... :roll:

Nice ride Smfwookie and photos. Ever get to denver and ride on the Denver Cruisers rides they are a load of fun!

Latest posts

Back