Show Your Muscle Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished my lemon peeler finally!!
4f68f86c.jpg

f821ca34.jpg

ce3309bf.jpg

I love the "misfit" from NH but i would crash it into a face plant with the drop bars.

Wait till you guys see the Eliminator build that Peatbog is building in BO7. Also, if it isn't in here, you should check out Smoopy's Scooby Snack from BO6!

wheelbender6 said:
I love the "misfit" from NH but i would crash it into a face plant with the drop bars.
Thank you for the compliment!

In as far as the ride positioning is concerned; she has a rear weight bias dialed into her. A probable face plant is equal to that of, or at least lower than that of, riding on a typical road bike. The cool part about all this is that the banana seat allows you to shift your weight further back when braking hard, thus reducing the possibility of an endo.

Did ~8-miles on her today including a steep climb and decent to test ride drivetrain gearing and brake dynamics, she climbed like a mountain goat and while sitting well back on the seat, the steep decent was controlled and uneventful.

She’s a good all around bicycle on both hard pack and pavement – plus, she’s faster than expected!

"Miss Fit"
MissFit001.jpg

There's some sweet muscle bikes here, I love 'em myself, here are a few of mine
1965 Sears Spyder 3 speed, love the original flamed seat
1-2.jpg

Western Flyer 24/20 Buzz Bike, Currently getting a coat of '69 Camaro rally green, planning on doing a houndstooth seat to continue the Camaro theme
5.jpg

AMF Aero-Bee, building this one for my wife, going to be suede blue, some hand done pin striping, keeping the metallic blue seat, with a set of Lester BMX mags and white walls, a slick in the back, some day when money allows I'll be building her a '50 Ford coupe with a similar combination parts
6.jpg

I also have a bunch of other muscle bikes, but these are my favorites

Love the Buzz Bike frames.

Not sure why they seem so cool, but there's something about that frame design that I've always loved.

pjbr413 - How does the 24/20 bike ride? Is it easier to ride than a 20/20" for an adult?

To me it's a lot more comfortable than a 20". Also If you like the look of the mismatched rim diameters, this handles way better than any 20/16 I've owned, I've a few Krates and Screamers.

My cousin gave me these two bikes and told me to fix them and sell them for $50 or $60 each.
HuffyDragster1965.jpg

The Huffy Dragster was a fun little bike, and after a good cleaning and greasing, it was ready to ride. The tires held air, and the chain was ok. After a few rides the little sucker just wore me out. Had I known it wasnt the bike but me in the early stages of a groin hernia I would have never let it go. I put it on craigs for best offer and sold it the next day for $75. I sent $50 to my cousin and used the $25 to fix up his next bike. I saw it about a week ago at a bike sale in the same shape as I sold it for $150.
Huffygirls.jpg

This bikes banana seat looked like it got in a knife fight with a pit bull. It had bumpy white cracked tires that just fell apart when I stared to put them on the wheels. So I found some used tires for $10, and a black seat I got from a guy for $5. When I tried to put it together the front wheel would not fit. $5 for another wheel. When I was done I didnt like the look untill I swaped the white grips for black ones. I had a spare chain so she was good to go. It never sold, so I have a little green girls bke.
I took off the seat, and wheels and sold the rest for $20.00. I sold the wheels to the same guy for $10.00. Now I need to pay my cousin stleast that much. This little bike was a bane bike shed.

“Miss Fit” the final iteration: new wheelset, bottom bracket and (used) road crankset 52-42T
missfit006.jpg

The gearing of the touring triple crankset was a bit too low, this road crankset allows for effortless climbing while providing safer top gear inches for the descents.

As we all know, none of our projects are really “final”, so maybe it should have been written as final for now!

Peace guys and keep building, refining and creating, without limitations.

Latest posts

Back