Show Your Muscle Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My customized 2007 BFK: 7-speed Shimano Nexus hub laced to the original hoop w/rapid fire shifter; early 70’s Puch moped drum brake laced to an aluminum hoop w/parking brake cable; duel LED headlights; LED tail light; H-D tool bag; sissy bar; black dice valve caps; OCC Stingray black acorn axle nuts front and rear; triple horn.

The installation of the Nexus hub required “Cold Bending” the seat and chain stays using the carjack off of a 2001 Ford Focus. The separation took several days, expanding the distance ~5-8-millimeters per day, at the end, a full twist for standing clearance in order to install the rear wheel, bolted her up and she worked a charm. Cabling was all straight forward.

I hope you like her:

017-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

Heading north on Park Ave to 72nd St, from Foley Square; picture taken in front of the building formally known as the Pan Am Building during the NYC Summer Streets Ride 2011

Did 11-miles on her that day; there were thumbs-up from police officers, on-lookers and fellow cyclists’ telling me that they too had Stingrays when they were kids!

It was a great day for a bicycle ride!

S5001474.jpg

ZygoteLittle said:
My customized 2007 BFK: 7-speed Shimano Nexus hub laced to the original hoop w/rapid fire shifter; early 70’s Puch moped

drum brake laced to an aluminum hoop w/parking brake cable; duel LED headlights; LED tail light; H-D tool bag; sissy bar; black dice valve caps; OCC Stingray black acorn axle nuts front and rear; triple horn.

The installation of the Nexus hub required “Cold Bending” the seat and chain stays using the carjack off of a 2001 Ford Focus. The separation took several days, expanding the distance ~5-8-millimeters per day, at the end, a full twist for standing clearance in order to install the rear wheel, bolted her up and she worked a charm. Cabling was all straight forward.

I hope you like her:

That is a sick lil bike!!

ZygoteLittle said:
Heading north on Park Ave to 72nd St, from Foley Square; picture taken in front of the building formally known as the Pan Am Building during the NYC Summer Streets Ride 2011

Did 11-miles on her that day; there were thumbs-up from police officers, on-lookers and fellow cyclists’ telling me that they too had Stingrays when they were kids!

It was a great day for a bicycle ride!

S5001474.jpg

Very cool, at first I thought this photo was from somewhere in Europe!! Nice ride you go there!

It’s not one of my builds, but I thought you all would enjoy looking at this European bicycle.

OCC Fat Boy Schwinn Stingray – Amsterdam, The Netherlands
b2ea4936.jpg

Fun thread!

Here's my all-original '67 Sting-Ray:

268-1.jpg

And not sure if it truly fits here, but one of my favourites, so hopefully others will enjoy it, too - my all-original '71 Manta-Ray in one-year-only Silver Mist:

029-2.jpg

Hammond Eggz said:
Fun thread!

Here's my all-original '67 Sting-Ray:

268-1.jpg

Wow, looks like my 65' I restored (still needs new handlebars)! :D I used a Rustoleum Metal Flaked bule :wink:

030.jpg

Finally got mine to a presentable state! Rear wheel has yet to be cleaned, but the tires are fresh!

409195_2641162191810_1338234605_32787629_1659008044_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back