show your bike trailer! and how you hook it up to your bike!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is an advertising trailer made from an old golf bag cart and some thinwall emt.
Someone removed the rest of the tow bar but it mostly just sits on display now.
Built by Scott A. a board member of our local bike coop.

IMG_1261_zps46e4e475.jpg

IMG_1260_zpsac6ad8b9.jpg

these are some real cool pics!!!!!! did not realize there were so many trailer lovers :D :D

Troy

Here's mine as it sits right now, It's a stock "Instep" bike trailer, standard spring in the arm and quick pin mount with a cheap little bracket like this one that goes on the bike:
http://www.amazon.com/Coupler-Attachmen ... iler+mount

As far as mods go I have added white paint to the tires (I'm too cheap to buy whitewalls when I'm going to swap them out soon anyway), red paint to the rims, a 1955 license plate of some kind I found at an antique shop that I hand painted red and black, and I took all the canvas off. Still need to mount my bike towing hookup to it too.

And couldn't forget the speed forum sticker. :mrgreen:

Still working on the finishing touches, but I've ridden around with it empty and know it works:

beast7.jpg

beast8.jpg

Body is a hitch mount cargo carrier from Harbor Freight, hitch is from a trail-a-bike type deal, with a homemade extender fabricated. Wheel and fork is obviously from an OCC chopper. I thought the wheel went nice with the beast's wheels, and that's all it'll ever be behind. Depending on how rigid it is when it's all done, I'd like to add some wood boards to it.

The mud guard from the trail-a-bike fit nicely on the frame of the beast, and keeps the front tire from kicking up rocks at me. The only problem I have now is I need a roundhouse turntable in my garage to turn the mess around for the next trip!

sweet build! that thing should haul allot of stuff in 1 load!! congrats!

Troy

Latest posts

Back