SHOW US YOUR WORKSMAN BICYCLE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome ride, does the gearing work good for dirt paths? Does the width of the bars feel nice and stable?

Gearing is pretty good. Your either climbing or descending around here so there is some pushing involved. Love the bars - similar to my regular mountain bike bars. Love how wide they are.

Thank you for the useful info JP and again nice first build. Be careful the structural integrity of the worksman causes addictions.

Next, does anyone have pics of all the worksman head badges and/or when they started and was changed?

And Rat, that was not a denial of photoshopping this unicorn.
.)

Sould I lower the seat and flip the bars? Trying to finish the ghost bike.
1231172153a.jpg

another beauty Mark!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks!
Are the angles way different on that frame?
I don't think so. There is a slight difference in where the seat stays hit the seat tube, a little lower than "normal". It's possibly due to the different rear dropouts. I have also noticed that the 80s frames have a lot of variation in the curviness of the down tube.

Are the angles way different on that frame?
Just measured it. The seat tube measurement is 22", where the other 4 M2600 straight-bar frames I was able to measure the same way come in at 20". Not sure if this was a one-off tall frame, or something that Worksman offered. I bought it from a lady who won it at a popular VA Beach dance bar back in '84-'85.

Whoops, I just posted this on the klunkerz thread... Anyway, here it is again...

I built this last summer and rebuilt it again after I broke the frame hopping a curb. I blew my chin out and ended up with 13 stitches last spring due to the coaster brake, so it was time to upgrade. Haha. Second time around I reinforced the head tube, welded up some v-brake mounts, modified the 3spd internal hub to be a free wheel, changed the rear gearing, and relocated the 3 speed shifter to the frame.

I like these Worksman frames! Lol

Enjoy!

- Jon

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Thanks! Haha. Yeah that wasn't fun when the front end raked out like a chopper while hauling .... I just got my stitches out so I was having flashbacks. Haha

I used 1/8" stainless plate and nickel filler rod with the tig. I'm sure it will hold up to the task... One thing I noticed was the lack of brazing on the broken frame, and that particular frame was thinner and lighter than the next frame I used.. ?

Jon
I love the gusset...don't love the broken frame :)

Jason

Latest posts

Back