SHOW US YOUR WORKSMAN BICYCLE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worksman M2600 frame and fork by RRB member, ind-chuckz.

C006.jpg

NOS massive Western Flyer Persons seat by RRB member, Unchained.

C004.jpg

Bars, stem, seat post & clamp, rear reflector, chain, crank, pedals, kick stand, Wald chain guard & Wald front 40t sprocket from the FrankenbikeSwap Meets http://sanantonio.frankenbike.net/. Wheels & tires by my LBS. Bell grips by Wally World.

C003.jpg

Wald flashlight mount by my LBS. NOS Rubber, Bridgeport Metal Goods industrial flashlight with a TerraLUX LED conversion.

C005.jpg

I never should have sold this 2600 back in 2013. That's OK, I came across this 90s INB, still in the box, and bought it for my Christmas present. I expect it'll arrive just after New Year.
INB 001.jpg
INB 003.jpg

Last edited:
Best I can tell it was from a 70s era muscle bike. Iverson or 'New England Muscle Bike'. I started with the Chainguard, was like man I need a frame, scored one from Ind-chuckz and did a little modification to fit it.

Best I can tell it was from a 70s era muscle bike. Iverson or 'New England Muscle Bike'. I started with the Chainguard, was like man I need a frame, scored one from Ind-chuckz and did a little modification to fit it.
Well, whatever it is, it looks sweet.

Never saw a Worksman bike until now. After looking at their site I want one.
I grew up in a bike shop in the hometown of Kellogg's, Ralston Purina, Post/Kraft and Clark forklift. All had worksman bikes! Hated them as a kid, all I could do to lift one to the rack!!! Now a days all those companies packed up and moved to mexico, the old plants with bikes smashed....
I'm sure NAFTA destroyed at least 500 worksmans...
(Sorry to go politician but that trade agreement ruined America)

Just finished my first worksman re build recently and pretty happy with the results except one problem. The seat post was unfortunately seized in the frame and I thought the height was fine so I proceeded. Turns out I would really like another inch or two in length. Does anyone have any ideas or experience with any ways to add a inch or two to the existing seat post? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Attachments

• 9ED1BFF8-D070-4E40-A6AF-EDE1EC299AB3.jpeg
    9ED1BFF8-D070-4E40-A6AF-EDE1EC299AB3.jpeg
    548.4 KB · Views: 73
Just finished my first worksman re build recently and pretty happy with the results except one problem. The seat post was unfortunately seized in the frame and I thought the height was fine so I proceeded. Turns out I would really like another inch or two in length. Does anyone have any ideas or experience with any ways to add a inch or two to the existing seat post? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
https://www.sheldonbrown.com/stuck-seatposts.html

You can start with penetrating oil. Liquid Wrench, PB Blaster (stinky), Kroll oil (expensive) or any number of other products. Put a few drops in every day and give it time to work. The seat is the best leverage device. Just try to twist, Once you can twist the post, it will come out. Pipe wrenchs or viseGrips will destroy the post. There are many methods for removing stuck seat posts. All are on the www.

Some seats are just taller than others. One with more padding or big coil springs will sit up higher and that may be just right for you.

I have a Worksman trike that had a solid seat post held (not well) in place by a square headed set screw through the side of the seat tube. It was so rusted in I had no luck getting it to move even with an oxy/acc torch. I had a framebuilder friend cut the seat tube off the frame and braze on a new seat tube with a conventional seat post clamp. When I first got the Worksman, the seat post had a second post welded to the top. It didn't hold.

Just threw this one together today from a frame I got from Ind-Chuckz and parts I had on hand. Yes, it has a pink fork. Yes, I intend to repaint that literally any other color ASAP. :rofl:

The entire front end (minus bar) is from a pink, late model women's Schwinn that I bought for $25. It also gave up its crankset, minus chainring (a 36t I had on hand). Rear wheel is from some '60s or '70s bike my late buddy was using as a klunker. It's a Bendix coaster hub.

WorksmanINBfirstday.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a couple of mine :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:
IMG_0115cb.jpg

IMG_7197c.jpg

1a-1.jpg

IMG_0011c2.jpg

IMG_0041c.jpg

here's a pic to drool over,....over 100 worksmans in all conditions :shock: :shock:
yes they are all gone. I do not know what happened to them. the plant fased them out
CIMG0119c2.jpg

Oh ya here's my Latest :shock: :mrgreen:
IMG_1028c.jpg

IMG_1030c.jpg

IMG_1032c.jpg
Diggin on the basket full of Growlers. If their's beer in their, I'm a Drinker from WAAAAY Back!!! RideOn. If you can... Razin...

Latest posts

Back