SHOW US YOUR WORKSMAN BICYCLE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to speculate that the integrated seat post was not as sturdy.

I personally put worksman frames in 2 categories, a double bend down tube or a single bend. The double bend being "old", the single bend being "new". That's just me. I prefer older ones because that's what I rode as a kid. But I like all Worksmans.

Last edited:
So if my frame doesn't have the integrated seat post clamp, what year would you guess my frame would be.?
I think early 70s to mid 80s is the best we can do. For all we know however, these unique frames could be older than we think.

Do those m2600 frames have the same geometry as the inb? Just the top tube continues straight and rear stays meet up to it? Or are they actually taller and longer?

Do those m2600 frames have the same geometry as the inb? Just the top tube continues straight and rear stays meet up to it? Or are they actually taller and longer?

Top tube is straight, seat tube is longer, and as you noted, the height/angle of the seat stays are different. But, the BB height is the same, the length of the head tube is the same, the effective top tube is the same, etc.

I have a cool experience with the worksman bikes. when I was 18-19 I went into GM linden plant to do some work in the tire room, where at the time I think they were assembling s10, Sonoma, and the Isuzu version. not familiar with the plant, i parked at the wrong opposite end from where we were working, so I got to give myself a tour. took forever to walk from one end to the other, especially having to ask for directions along the way. worksman bikes were everywhere, if they didn't have a worksman, they had a Cushman, all fitted out as a work rig. I also worked inside the Merck site for a while, which was right next to it. I think there were even more bikes in merck. it was more like a little city in there with individual buildings. last time I worked inside merck, I didn't see one bike. hardly even saw any people, weird.

Technically not a bicycle yet, but I got this frame and fork from a gentleman who said that he bought it new from Worksman. Was the springer an option? Anyway, he said that he was going to motorize it, but went another direction. It doesn't look like it was ever completely assembled. The wheel discs were part of the deal, I don't know if they will make it onto this frame.
026.JPG

027.JPG

028.JPG

Last edited:
That's cool, Worksman does offer a springer fork now. Not sure who actually makes it. Is that the ABS chain guard or is it metal?
Build it!

Okay, can someone shed some light on which of the Nexus keyed washers will fit the dropouts like the red frame? They do not have a rear slanted drop on the chart at all? I guess I could buy a set of front slanted washers and use them on opposite sides, or would that even work?

HOTT!!! I'm using some of those same exact parts in my Jamis Boss build.... I love how your INB came out.... 99% perfect....

im really liking this bike. I took it to nyc last weekend and rode all over. the seat had to go though, no good.

I would consider a Brooks for long trip riding.
I don't like them MTB seats cuz I have a sensitive booty. Lol After a good long ride I can't even sit on my soft couch with them kind of seats..

its funny on another bmx/klunker I put a cheap velo mtb seat that was under 10$. that one is actually pretty comfy. I figured it was the same basic design... cost 3 times as much, I imagined it could only be better. it is the same basic design, but narrower, and less padding, that is softer. I wound up stealing the b17 off another bike for this worksman.

Yeah in my case I don't think a tractor seat won't look on my cruiser. Haha
That's why I went with a Brooks saddle on my cruiser . The softer the better.
Plus I need to start using laid back seat post on my cruisers cuz I'm just to far forward when riding them.
Went and took a quick cruise to beach here by my house and I was riding sitting on the back end of the seat and well you can imagine I felt after that ride coming back home. My butt and my back are a bit soar..

Okay, can someone shed some light on which of the Nexus keyed washers will fit the dropouts like the red frame? They do not have a rear slanted drop on the chart at all? I guess I could buy a set of front slanted washers and use them on opposite sides, or would that even work?
I am trying to solve that same issue.

Latest posts

Back