SHOW US YOUR WORKSMAN BICYCLE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my worksman still sitting there. I may give it to a buddy of mine who just had his cruiser stolen. Maybe he will make something cool out of it. I really want one with the two straight bars anyways.
7f9dd0f0b80859a687e411203d4c586e.jpg

I have a similar frame, but an INB. It has a crude headbadge decal, similar to the nicer decal used starting in the early '80s. Note the "built-in" seat post clamp. I am guessing late '70s maybe.

Some other differences:

I see what your talking about but mine doesn't have the built in seat post clamp and also we can see the straight top tube.. It's like the mystery frame or one off or someone just wasn't paying attention to how they put the dropouts before they brazed them on and let it roll out this way.. ?????

I see what your talking about but mine doesn't have the built in seat post clamp and also we can see the straight top tube.. It's like the mystery frame or one off or someone just wasn't paying attention to how they put the dropouts before they brazed them on and let it roll out this way.. ?????

It's a shame that Worksman doesn't seem to have a real system in place for their serial numbers. I bet the little details that changed were based on the year of production. I love your white m2600 "tallboy" frame, and the dropouts are probably its best feature.... Mark's yellow INB with the same dropouts, is absolutely incredible....

Thanks 808.!!!
I've been going back and forth on possibly and I'm not saying that I am, that I may sell the "Tijuana Grave Robber".. But I can't pull the trigger in doing it.. At least not now.. Reason is I see this frame being unique.. I wish I can get my hands on one of them INB frames likes Mark's...

I also agree and wished that Worksman would had put more effort in showing more info in there frames and parts to be available to verify what year the frames were...

Thanks 808.!!!
I've been going back and forth on possibly and I'm not saying that I am, that I may sell the "Tijuana Grave Robber".. But I can't pull the trigger in doing it.. At least not now.. Reason is I see this frame being unique.. I wish I can get my hands on one of them INB frames likes Mark's...

Did you notice that the bridge on the chainstays just behind the kickstand was completely different on my yellow one? How is it on the TGR?

On another note, I have two frames at the powdercoater that are almost done. One INB that we will build with a banana seat for my 11 y.o. son, and one M2600 (the Green Fixer) that will have a bit of a custom look that I am curious to see how it turns out.

Thinking of running drum brakes front & rear on a 2600 frame, mainly for the look. Has anyone done this or have thoughts on the rear drum wheel? Who knows, I may even motorize it one day if I can find a motor that is more USA sourced than the popular Chinese motors.
Thanks,

I got a rear Sturmey-Archer 70mm drum brake on one of my INBs.... it's not a Worksman wheel; it's 100% aftermarket/modern, but it works very well, and it gets compliments from folks all the time. With the right clamp-on cable guides and some discrete zip-ties, it looks pretty clean. Not coaster-brake clean, but clean nonetheless.

Thinking of running drum brakes front & rear on a 2600 frame, mainly for the look. Has anyone done this or have thoughts on the rear drum wheel? Who knows, I may even motorize it one day if I can find a motor that is more USA sourced than the popular Chinese motors.
Thanks,

I got a rear Sturmey-Archer 70mm drum brake on one of my INBs.... it's not a Worksman wheel; it's 100% aftermarket/modern, but it works very well, and it gets compliments from folks all the time. With the right clamp-on cable guides and some discrete zip-ties, it looks pretty clean. Not coaster-brake clean, but clean nonetheless.
Pics?!!

Did you notice that the bridge on the chainstays just behind the kickstand was completely different on my yellow one? How is it in the TGR?

On another note, I have two frames at the powdercoater that are almost done. One INB that we will build with a banana seat for my 11 y.o. son, and one M2600 (the Green Fixer) that will have a bit of a custom look that I am curious to see how it turns out.
Sorry.. Haven't had a chance to check that bridge on the TGR.. Been getting ready to go camping and and cleaning out my vintage camping trailer since we last used it..I try to dig it out

Did you notice that the bridge on the chainstays just behind the kickstand was completely different on my yellow one? How is it on the TGR?

Sorry for the delay but here is a picture of that bridge you requested.. Bad cell-phone picture.

Latest posts

Back