SHOW US YOUR WORKSMAN BICYCLE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finishing up my first Worksman build this week. Here are some before and after pictures. Unfortunately, it's a little too cold for outside pics so it's a little tough to see the details in the photos.

IMG_20140218_165625.jpg

20140215_153117.jpg

20140225_190445.jpg

20140225_190424.jpg
20140225_190416.jpg
20140225_190335.jpg

1975225_1406263579632641_809647059_n.jpg
Beautiful bicycle. Ive been wanting to do a finish like that on a workman I scored not too long ago. What did you use to strip the paint and polish the frame? And how did you prevent rust from forming under the powder coat? I've had frames sand blasted but they just come out with a grey matte finish.
-Wolf

Here is mine. Still working on it. Should be completed in a few weeks. About to go on Vacy so need to put it on back burner for now.

14659532803_87f490d625_c.jpg
I love the Spun aluminum tank.. Man I bet that trike would be a blast to ride around town in.???
Nice Job.!!!

here is a 6 day low budget bmx style cruiser I just finished for a 6`4" customer. i bought the frame from local hero chuck over 4 yrs ago.

You need to get ol'Boy an M2600 frame, and swap all those bits over to that....Awesome build....cheap, yet tasteful... well, as far as spiderwebs CAN be tasteful, i guess. =D Love the slingshot stem...

Well I guess it's time to see some worksman trikes on this thread
c932cdd0e8043be4e07ffa418a89385b.jpg

These came from the ford plant in Louisville ky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks 808.!!
I still have yet to see anothe frame like this one.. and still don't know the year this frame is..

I have a similar frame, but an INB. It has a crude headbadge decal, similar to the nicer decal used starting in the early '80s. Note the "built-in" seat post clamp. I am guessing late '70s maybe.

Some other differences:

Ok, now I think it is time for the intervention:

I always thought tandems were silly, but this thing is a lot of fun. Was riding w/ my 8 y.o. son last weekend through our neighborhood park / bike path. We passed a middle-school aged skate rat sitting on a bench and I heard him say to his girlfriend that the bike was "sick".

I know i've said this before, but that yellow INB with the horizontal ends is the raddest frame i've ever seen. Not that i'd know, but i agree that it's mid/late 70s, if i had to guess.

I have a similar frame, but an INB. It has a crude headbadge decal, similar to the nicer decal used starting in the early '80s. Note the "built-in" seat post clamp. I am guessing late '70s maybe.

Some other differences:

Here's my Worksman Cafe Racer

Daily commute brushless, 25mph fun. Banana seat and drop bars accommodate 6'4" rider. 36v Ping in bicycle backpack keep power discrete and sleek sexy lines of industrial news boy.

Thank You Ind-Chuckz!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back