Show us your Vintage Raleighs!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta get myself a rod brake one still thems nice bikes

Got this one a few weeks back. posted in fresh finds but here is in the right spot.

Real nice Sprite, original Raleigh Racer tires, Sturmey Archer rims, Rampar light.. assumign the Huret speedo was added, but open to comments. ( might take it off for my Higgins ).

Nice bike, still have not taken time to fix a bad tube and take for a spin... soon......

~ AL

IMG_0192.jpg

That be a nice shiney raleighI like the green ones, but when you find the more rare colors in good condition like my blue one it's like a piece of art lol that ones in nice condition.

Green Dragon said:
Got this one a few weeks back. posted in fresh finds but here is in the right spot.

Real nice Sprite, original Raleigh Racer tires, Sturmey Archer rims, Rampar light.. assumign the Huret speedo was added, but open to comments. ( might take it off for my Higgins ).

Nice bike, still have not taken time to fix a bad tube and take for a spin... soon......

~ AL

IMG_0192.jpg

Nice!

My 65 Hercules resto-mod, now sporting a nexus 3 speed with drum brakes and a dynamo front hub

DSC00570.jpg

DSC00572-1.jpg

Here are all of my old British bikes, all rod brake except for 2. Though you can't really see them all on this pic. I think there's about 8 :lol:
tumblr_llee1oEvTC1qdbe8so1_1280.jpg

They looks lovely, I gotta get one with rod brakes

Thats a really neat looking bike, any more pics?

In 1997 I bought this Raleigh, as an ATB with a Shiman Nexus-7. I bought it just for some parts to take to Cuba to complete a cruiser for use in Havana. The frame and other parts though, remained in Holland. It already wasn't a 'vintage' when I bought it and I did not try to bring it back to original.

Raleighatb-cruiser.jpg

RaleighCruiser7730.jpg

RaleighCruiser7726.jpg

RaleighCruiser7737.jpg

RaleighCruiser7725.jpg

RaleighCruiser7734.jpg

Nice rides, That there bently is pretty neat. never seen a newer raleigh like that before.
Rusty raleigh i must make one. I have the perfect naturaly rusted frame but it's a ladys frame

Need any rim for those Spokes Reckless? Lol

Just finished my latest project, though it's not a Raleigh but similar style.. It's a Universal, which was covered in crappy 80's stickers, so I took them off, gave it all a polish and changed the seat/tyres/handlebars and added the light. Decided to leave the sticker on the front forks because they didn't look to bad and suited the rest of the bike well. Kinda like a lightning bolt.

From the side on the handle bars are parallel to the frame giving it a speedway look

247817_10150216533422973_842792972_6915975_5774283_n.jpg

Mmmm That brown sports is in pretty good condition. I scored a Raleigh lenton sports, i'll post it here when i finish cleaning it up

Latest posts

Back