Show us your Vintage Raleighs!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a little bothered that my buddy put the modern parts on that bike when he told me about it but when I saw it in person I had to admit it looked great. He was very careful to select parts that improved performance while still looking right. He spent like $700 doing it, too. It's a very impressive bike.
Here's the link for those Lauterwasser bars;
http://www.somafab.com/bar_lauterwasser.html

Atleast it went to a good home. thems neat bars, however nothing can replace the old ones, their look is just so great lol

Hsean said:
ANd something special.
100_2133.jpg
You know I like that one.

I see some other Raleigh built bike posted here. I have more Raleigh's and english builts in my collection than any other brand. People give them to me as I'm about to pick up a ladies Phillips from the original owner who has had it for 48 years I think. I would like to post this picture of a Gazzelle that I found because I'm trying to date it but I can't date the back hub. I thought they stopped making these so that they could make Robin Hoods.

108.jpg

113.jpg

Graylock

What size are the tires Ihad the same hub on one of the bikes I got. if the tires are 26x 1 1/4 it may be a 50's model thats what the one I had was

Does this count?

manual.jpg

I don't have a vintage Raleigh bike, but do have vintage Raleigh parts catalog from the late 1960's. Thanks!!!

Found inside the parts manual. A Raleigh dealer price list from 1972.

msrp1.jpg

msrp2.jpg

There was a dealer sales manual with more detailed info and brochures on individual Raleigh models that went with this book that I may still have? Thanks!!!

cleaned every last little nut and bolt on this one 8)
hope to sell it, or trade for a pedal car for my daughter.
all o.g. except the tires, and the inner brake cable!
100_2236.jpg

100_2227.jpg

100_2228.jpg

100_2230.jpg

100_2232.jpg

100_2233.jpg

Here's my 1969 Raleigh Fireball :wink: I cleaned/detailed it since the pic :)
00814bp.jpg

Hmmmm this is some very nice stuff i'm seeing, great bikes and of course book, me likes that book!

My '61 Raleigh,
Before:

P1010518.jpg

After:

P1011125.jpg

65 Hercules with Sturmey S-5 rear hub :

P1011570-1.jpg

'61 Popular custom:

P1011886.jpg

'71 Triumph:

101.jpg

'69 Sports before: