Show us your Vintage Raleighs!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brown superbe just got it like this today. I have lots of work to do to it!

Picked up another one yesterday.............. 1974 Super Course Mk II. First pic is in "as found" condition. Second pic is after a complete tear down, clean and re-grease. More work to be done come winter, I just wanted to ride it this summer yet so the full polish and buff will have to wait.

It is sharing some parts with the Dunelt at this point, need to order a few things once I get a little more cash.

I like that green color. this is the superbe after work done

This mid-70s Grand Prix recently fell into my lap.
IMG_4336a_zps1f4c2c57.jpg

A friend that works at a LBS said a customer brought it in, but didn't want to spend the money needed to fix it and left it behind. So, he (my friend) brought it to me. It needs a front derailer to be operable, and a fork to be right. The fork is bent back a bit. It appears to have the same frame design as my '72 Grand Prix (shown in this thread some pages back), but newer graphics and has quick-release wheels. The paint is in good condition, and it still has Raleigh branded tyres on it. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet.

My '72 is green. I ride that one regularly, in fact I just got in from a 25 mile club ride on it. This one, I'll fix it eventually I expect. What I meant was more which direction I'd take it - single speed? Cross? Restore? There are a lot of choices...

Heres some more recent bikes i got. After the brown superbe i got three more. two I have no pics of because one became donner and other is supprise!

Raleigh grand prix

Raleigh sports abit of a franken

One of the other superbe.

Another raleigh. rides like a dream. looks rode abit then stored away, works flawlessly.

Here is my Chopper coaster brake model :D
( as found , haven't started the clean up yet )

CAM01055.jpg
Raleigh Retroglide I just finished up. Sold it the next day even tho I didn't plan to. Turned out pretty good I guess. Said made in USA on the frame. That seemed to help.

'72 Twenty. Found it out front a neighbors house with a sign that said "FREE" so of course I had to grab it. I was riding one of my other bikes with my kid in his trailer at the time so I told him to scoot over an make some room, lol. It looked totally Beverly Hillbilly hanging out the back and side.

Latest posts

Back