SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kickin' it old school.
olskool.jpg

Picked up this Schwinn canti frame for a couple bucks. Already spray bombed, and the rear triangle was a lil tweaked. Fixed the tweak and figured I’d build something I don’t mind thrashin around.
FB93F0FE-D310-42DF-9DA8-BBD60CA40A5A.jpeg

Total investment- $50.
Found a mostly off road way to commute to work and have been lovin it.

Although I do need to find seat post that won’t keep bending

Last edited:
Spendy but what choice do you have, unless you make your own. I have had good luck with the raw unpolished Genuine Bikes version.

http://www.genuinebicycleproducts.com/seatposts.html

http://www.santabarbaracruisers.com/seatposts

https://www.ebay.com/itm/172002203385?ViewItem=&item=172002203385&fromMakeTrack=true

I’ve been lookin at those options. Sbc is close to me, and I have one of their laybacks on another bike. So I may go that route.
However, I would like solid post for a few other Bikes as well so I’ve been looking into buying a ten foot rod and cutting the lengths myself.

Picked up this ‘39 DX a couple years back at Ann Arbor. Have been trying to figure out a direction on it. After cleaning as much paint off as I could with oven cleaner, some cool original patina paint came through. Simple build, but one of my favorites I’ve ever done.

Attachments

• AEA2ADE0-84E3-472F-A466-0EB2041B42B6.jpeg
    AEA2ADE0-84E3-472F-A466-0EB2041B42B6.jpeg
    351.1 KB · Views: 322
  • ACE0DA7F-7B27-4415-A50E-31BB429FBEBF.jpeg
    ACE0DA7F-7B27-4415-A50E-31BB429FBEBF.jpeg
    545.1 KB · Views: 314
  • 6985C4BD-0B55-46E9-BCB8-643F69738EE6.jpeg
    6985C4BD-0B55-46E9-BCB8-643F69738EE6.jpeg
    472.3 KB · Views: 318
So many beautiful Klunkers in this thread, wish I could comment on them all...

This is one I threw together last year and use it as my winter ride. Started with a 1968 Panther frame I found in a basement, loved the original paint and patina, so I built the "rust color theme" around that which resulting in something that resembles a WWII airplane. Some of the parts used were; SE Racing Cruiser Bars, TBS Forks, POS Stem painted with brown/gold metallic craft paint, NOS 1958 Tin Headlamp, Schwinn Quilted Brown Seat, Duro Knobby Tires, and a KMC Copper Plated Chain that appears rusty at a glance...

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

I was looking real often before, now just once in a while. I can’t believe they haven’t made more of these, seems like they would sell!

Picked up this Schwinn canti frame for a couple bucks. Already spray bombed, and the rear triangle was a lil tweaked. Fixed the tweak and figured I’d build something I don’t mind thrashin around.
View attachment 75535
Total investment- $50.
Found a mostly off road way to commute to work and have been lovin it.

Although I do need to find seat post that won’t keep bending
Cold rolled steel bar won't bend. Order online or from your local metal shop. Hot rolled like from the hardware store will bend.

Latest posts

Back