Show Us Your First Car

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, those pictures are long gone!! Mine was a white 64 Impala ( fourdoor) with a 283 in it. The old guy that I bought it from used it to pull his boat, so when the 3 on the tree gave out, he installed a truck 4 speed along with the tall shifter. The only car that I ever knew that had a granny low gear in it. I miss it................

1969 Mustang Coupe - Owned since 1974 and you can see I'm not a young one here from 2015. Just got the car back on the road this year after 20 years being rebuilt in my garage. Cool pic here, I owned the white Trans Am in the 80's when it was silver, sold it to a friend who recently bought it back to rebuild and my wife and I actually met in the 78 Camaro RS back in 1980. Life's short - enjoy every day.
6010da2907cb2c11d24aeb950424c8b9_zpsoin2z2qa.jpg

66 impala four door, blue just like Baretta's...
but I've had SO many vehicles.
72 Ford van
72 Pontiac Ventura
76 Chevy van
68 Dodge Coronet
70 Mustang Mach I
72 Dodge Charger w/ ram air
7? AMC Hornet
68 Ford Fairlane
74 Ford Pinto Wagon
77 Mercury Cougar
70 Pontiac Firebird
75 Ford LTD
72 Alfa Romeo Spider
75 GMC Jimmy
78 Datsun 280z
89 Ford Ranger
76 Chrysler Cordoba
76 Merc Marquis
86 Nissan Pickup
89 Dodge Diplomat w/ police package
00 Dodge Dakota
99 Mercury Cougar
92 Ford Ranger
01 PT Cruiser
89 Dodge Caravan
96 Dodge Caravan
92 Chevy Astrovan
96 Ford Ranger
These last two are in my driveway...

Carl.

Last edited:
My first was a 1970 mustang mach one I fished out of a creek for free.

I had the coolest car you could ever own( sarcasm meter exploding off the meter here!) a 1981 ford Granada ghia with back quarter panel custom dented and rear bumper delete lol.
i bought it for 50 bucks off my neighbor and drove it for 4 years before the rear u joint gave out and it felt like i was driving uphill all the time still not sure what caused that part.

Mine is my avatar. It was a 1949 Chevy. I gave the guy $25 cash and had to shovel his sidewalk all winter. It had been broadsided on the passenger side so I had to replace the front door and fender which cost me $5 each at the salvage yard. I then rattle canned it with 12 cans of blue paint.

My parents bought me a putrid purple '67 Dodge Dart GT for 500 bucks. A few years of punk-stabbing the the pedals on a stock motor full of dirty oil spun a couple of rod bearings. If I knew then what I know now I'd probably still have it. This isn't mine but it's pretty darn close.
1967DodgeDart_01_700.jpg

First car: 81 fiat x-19. It was totaled 2 weeks after I got it, it was kinda junky but it was my first car so I kinda miss it.

Still got my 1st car that I bought nearly 24 years ago, a 1979 XD Ford Fairmont Ghia. Although in 1996 I did a bit of a resto to it which included SAAS front seats and trimming out rear seat and door skins in same material, BIG thumpin stereo, original XG XR front headlights including changing the bonnet/grill/radiator support panel & guards, body kit including removal of door handles and different wheels. Ended up replacing the 302 with a stock 351 but still miss the old engine as it would go back to 1st at 60mph/100kph and create a bit of smoke from the rear wheels ;) Still got the car today and still turns some heads.

There have been others along the way but I still have a bit of a soft spot for this one.

Still got my 1st car that I bought nearly 24 years ago, a 1979 XD Ford Fairmont Ghia. Although in 1996 I did a bit of a resto to it which included SAAS front seats and trimming out rear seat and door skins in same material, BIG thumpin stereo, original XG XR front headlights including changing the bonnet/grill/radiator support panel & guards, body kit including removal of door handles and different wheels. Ended up replacing the 302 with a stock 351 but still miss the old engine as it would go back to 1st at 60mph/100kph and create a bit of smoke from the rear wheels ;) Still got the car today and still turns some heads.

There have been others along the way but I still have a bit of a soft spot for this one.
Keeping on the subject of Australian Fords, my first car was a 1977 XC...

Like this, but no where near as nice:

22635441393_4d35e5bc3d_z.jpg

Mine was rough, dents in every panel, auto was only getting 2 gears and someone had fitted shag pile carpet that started growing small plants every time it rained...

What do you expect for $400?

Dropped a second hand auto in it and it passed rego with no issues, it was on the road before I even had my license at 15...

From there I had: (In order, some overlaps.)

1978 XC Falcon sedan 250ci six, auto, yes another one!
1973 Ford cortina, 250ci six, 500cfm Holley, auto.
1979 XD Falcon 302ci, C4, green to blue flip metallic paint.
1981 Datsun 720 4x4 ute.
1987 Toyota Hilux 4x4 dual cab diesel, later added a turbo and 33" Mud tires.
1985 Toyota FJ73 Land Cruiser with a semi worked 3F and 33" Mud tires.
1971 VW Beetle with a Subaru 1.6 and full BAJA kit. (FUN!)
1999 Toyota Hilux extra cab 4x4, 2.7 litre with a huge stereo.
1997 XH Falcon Longreach ute.
2002 Daihatsu Cuore, 1.0 litre, 3 cyl, 5 speed.
Honda CB250.
Kawasaki GPZ550.
1965 XP Falcon sedan.
1981 Datsun Stanza.

My favourite out of all of them?

The XP. I spent a year working on it and cleaning it up, shame we had to sell it:

23262950125_6b86ace2e5_z.jpg

My wife did the interior:

Luke.

My parents bought me a putrid purple '67 Dodge Dart GT for 500 bucks. A few years of punk-stabbing the the pedals on a stock motor full of dirty oil spun a couple of rod bearings. If I knew then what I know now I'd probably still have it. This isn't mine but it's pretty darn close.
1967DodgeDart_01_700.jpg

My first car was a green 1968 Dodge Dart GTS with the 340 and positrac rear end. The sucker had dual points which were always crapping out. Kept some spare ones in my glove box. That was one fast car!

Latest posts

Back