show us your chick bikes heres mine

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Built this for the wife

picture131m.jpg

snarehead123 said:
no pics just yet but i picked a vista coronet out of my mother in laws cellar today its a ladies 26 inch frame only no wheels anybody heard of the vista brand of bikes? the kickstand is built in like a schwinn but the chain ring looks like a columbia. i,ll get some photos posted soon. :?:

The"Vista" Schwinn look-alike bikes were indeed built by Westfield/Columbia. http://www.vintagecolumbiabikes.com/id79.html

I love this old girl. 24" '64 Schwinn Breeze. Bought it for my mom a few years ago, who couldn't find a bike to fit her 5'-1" frame with coaster brakes, since the arthritis she's had for years in her hands made hand brakes almost impossible to use. Found this one, and she loved it, reminded her of one she had as a kid.
Unfortunately, she just returned it a couple of weeks ago - she's 73 now, and just moved into a new house a few months ago, which doesn't have bike paths like her old place - she just doesn't feel safe or sturdy enough to ride it anymore.
It served it's purpose well, though. Trying to decide what to do with her now -

001-9.jpg

Heres my girlfriends bike - its a cwc bike - but its branded Trojan Super... now now dont get any ideas guys...

313a48a4.jpg

141fca46.jpg

I need to take some better photos of this bike - since then we have added a ton of vintage accessories, basket, light, bell and even a neat-o 1944 los angeles bicycle license. its wearing its original paint and it looks like the girl who owned it was a pretty tough chick, there are little league, race car and other cool decals right out of the 50s.

Not ratty, but mondo-cool - my wife's Electra Amsterdam Balloonie:

116.jpg

My daughter needed a campus commuter so I went on the hunt and found this '51 Deluxe Tornado at a yard sale. Then it was dad thrash mode to get it ready for her to take to school two days later. The only seat she was comfortable on was the one off my cruiser so... yeah, she got it, no question. The bearings were dry, of course but I was really surprised that the original brickies were OK. A bit checked but nothing too severe. The chrome polished up pretty good, I replaced the stem and a couple other bits as the original finish was just too far gone... And I sent her back to school with a lock.
lindsaybike1.jpg

oh, and the horn works!

Here are my current chick bikes. They are incredibly comfortable to ride and they're not pink!!

The Electra Twiggy was only made in 2005 and features a unique seat only used on this model. I also like the brownwalls.
Twiggy001.jpg

The Nirve Lahaina has a cool Hawaii theme and a super fat top bar. I prefer the style of the women's Nirve bikes more than the men's.
Lahaina1.jpg

Here's my lady's bike. It's an old Sears found lying out for trash one night. Finally got around to fixing it up - new paint, wheels, and a lot of cleaning, greasing and reassembly. The seat and grips have been changed since this picture was taken.

sears.jpg

Here is a bike I did for my youngest this summer. Its not a girls bike but shes a bit of a tom boy still. It was a rust mix of several bikes when I found it in the scrap pile. I stripped it bare and clear coated it. I painted some old aliminum rims and put on some 16" whitewalls That I got cheap off the Bay. Got some decals made at work but I wish it been a better font on the lettering.
glovesbikes050.jpg

glovesbikes052.jpg

glovesbikes054.jpg

Love the 'tyke bike!'
Kids on bikes always look so happy!
I'll bet the little boys in the neighborhood are jealous.

Latest posts

Back