Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What was that?????
I can't hear you??????
:p

Wanna see me car? Well, this is me car. At least, what's left of it. For blood's sake.

SL374826.jpg

SL374827.jpg

SL374828.jpg

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Baron von Zach said:
It's an AvtoVAZ VAZ 2104, aka Lada Riva. It's the third most built car in the World, after the Beetle and the Model T.

OK, I am familiar with Lada, so what is the layout? Front wheel drive, all wheel drive, rear wheel drive? 4 cylinder engine? Is it really a turbo? How much power? etc...

The car is based on the 1966 FIAT 124. It's a FE RWD with a 1500cc inline four and 5-speed box. The power output must be extraordinarily high, because the car can still move even when I sit in it. I have no idea what speed it can reach, but I reckon it depends pretty much on the height of the cliff.

I have no idea why some dimwits festoon cars with these stupid RS Turbo stickers, I wouldn't do it even if the car was a turbo.
I just haven't had time yet to remove it.

It's a 1985, has two previous owners, and 27,000 documented miles on the clock. It is still on its original tyres with pre-Chernobyl air in them.
It was registered in England by the second owner in 1995, who brought it from Guernsey island, that's why it is on 1995 plates. He said, the car had less than 3,000 miles on it when he bought it as a ten year old. So he put 24,000 miles on it in 17 years. For every service, every little thing spent on the car, there is a receipt or invoice in a folder.

Today it passed an MOT test without any faults or advisories. The tester said it is in exceptional condition.

Baron von Zach said:
Today it passed an MOT test without any faults or advisories. The tester said it is in exceptional condition.

That's awesome, but I would've taken off points for the RS TURBO sticker. :lol:

Only 27K on the clock? :shock: You scored! I've never owned a vehicle with that low of miles. I did have an '87 Toyota pickup that made it to 500,000 miles though....then the odometer stopped working. :lol: went another 3 years then the frame rusted in half and I had to drive it to the scrapyard. you could feel it flexing every time you let out the clutch.

Geez I could do a whole thread on this myself.

I have;

1926 T roadster
1964 VW Notchback
1967 VW Beetle
1971 Chevy C-10
1982 BMW 320i (my DD)
2000 BMW 328i (wife's DD)

Latest posts

Back