Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Xcruiser said:
Rattytoys--YOU ARE THE MAN!!!! Everyting you own is Rat!!!!!! love it!
haha! Thanks man. I'm buying a 1962 mercury Friday, and it's getting the rattytoys treatment as well. (it only has 7061 original miles)

outskirtscustoms said:
That would be awesome with some smoked out headlights, or maybe even some of those carbon fiber look ones. Those are just too bright with everything blacked out.

Rattytoys said:
630ae022-81c3-04dc.jpg

These would look nice....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIANO-BLK-SMOKE ... 47&vxp=mtr
Or
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMOKED-07-10-GM ... 78&vxp=mtr
I totally agree. I'm actually going to take the headlights apart and remove the amber reflectors and paint the chrome black from the inside.

If anyone is interested about my 1965 GMC.

Had it for a long long time. It is a very rare model that GMC built as a promotional exercise and was available as a special order for 1 year only. Purist cringe that I took something so rare and made a hot rod out of it...I don't care :D

I built it from the ground up replacing the entire drive train and running gear, replaced the suspension and brake system. customized the truck and interior to how it is now.

The engine is an aftermarket block and heads from Dart. It displaces 427 C.I. the heads have roller rockers, and and the cam is a full roller as well. A billet crank spinning "Pink" peened rods with Millodon forged 12.5 to 1.0 pistons take care of the squeeze. Induction is handled by a Holley 850 CFM from the Carb Shop in So Cal. sitting on a port matched Holley open plenum intake manifold. Ignition duties are all Mallory 7al with a retarder box and rev control set at a very conservative 6500 RPM. Little goodies like the carbon fiber valve covers and home made headers finish it off. Cooling by a 6 row raceco Aluminum radiatorallow it to stay cool enough to handle street duty. Motor dynoes over 600 HP at the wheels on throttle, (No bottle)

Transmission is a Art Carr TH400 with manual valve body and billet input shaft with a Kelley Brothers Aluminum Flex plate and a B&M 11" converter that stalls at 3000 RPM. A 6" aluminum Drive shaft feeds the Dana 60 rear end that is filled with a 3.92 gear set with a full locking posi unit.

Full Disc brake conversion from Wildwood get it stopped just fine .

I built the bed floor out of clear hart Maple. ( I hate oak)
DSCN2312.JPG

Tailgate and rolled pan with french-ed license plate and tail lights are all steel

IMG_87241.jpg

My driveway is full. :lol:

"Slik" is an SLK320
VVVVVV
SLK.jpg

"Avy" is a Z66 Avalanche
VVVVVV
txwaynoavy8.jpg

l_5235b36674a92d8fea9895c7967704f4.jpg

^^^^^^^^
"Blackie" '80 L-82 Corvette
vvvvvvvvv
vette49.jpg

vette50.jpg

vette50.jpg

l_218011e6d8b1c9d7235d828ed0b3294d.jpg

"Flash" is a '94 25th Anniversary Trans Am
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
IMAGE_029.jpg

2uihiyc.jpg

This is Th'BIOTCH. ........................................................................ and that is my '64 Corvair Vert.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVV............................................................................VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Beforerebuild.jpg

blackdiamond said:
Anyone own an AMC Gremlin? :D
I had a Gremlin X back in the day. I loved that car.

blackdiamond said:
Anyone own an AMC Gremlin? :D

no, but i have owned two hornets. one was an old army car in od green and numbers on the doors and all, and the other was a baby poop yellow two door. both great cars.

My 93 Ford Festiva is now an art car. I covered it in Monopoly money. It was a fun car to drive before, and Its alot of fun to drive now.
before
013-1-1.jpg

after
001-5.jpg
002-4.jpg

outskirtscustoms said:
that is pretty cool! Now you got to build a bike to match! :wink:
I have built a bike using the same idea, stuff glued to the thing, but it was beer labels I used not Monopoly money.
artotbike08004.jpg

OK, you have 2 different (that I can see) sized Monopoly money pieces, did you have decals made or print them off or what? If these are actual Monopoly monies and/or print outs, what did you do to attach and preserve them? Thanks. Looks great!

yoothgeye said:
OK, you have 2 different (that I can see) sized Monopoly money pieces, did you have decals made or print them off or what? If these are actual Monopoly monies and/or print outs, what did you do to attach and preserve them? Thanks. Looks great!
Good eyes.
Yes there are two sizes of money.
I have been buying Monopoly games at garage sales for a few years, I collect the race cars, and Crazy Mae collects dice, then I put the rest of the games in the back room. I got about 30 games.
Several years back I got another car, but I kept the Festiva thinking someday I would make an art car, I use license plates in the artwork I make and thought Id cover the Festiva in license plates, problem was legally I can have only 1 real plate on the car, I didnt want a parade only art car, so that idea got canned. Then the thought of Monopoly money happened. Last summer I pickup a Monopoly board printed on a 7' X 7' piece of carpet and the people had made the large money to go with it, no other pieces or cards were enlarged.
Two weeks ago I started, glueing the large money on the bumpers, then the normal sized money to the front end and hood, it was taking forever, so I decided to use the big money from the body line down. The product I use to glue the money is called Mod Podge, its like an elmers glue, just brush it on, place the object, and brush over it and its sealed. The big question of durabilty is unkown, but I still have about 20 more Monopoly games I can use to refresh it.
With the bike, the first time it got wet, at the MidWest Bike Fest, it turned milky, but then dried out just fine. A few months later on a Coasters Thrusday night pub pedal the bike sat in the rain for 3 or 4 hours, was rdden in axel deep water and wasnt fazed by the water at all, dried out perfect.
So how will the car hold up, only time will tell. Its been two weeks and no rain, it did perect at driving 70 - 75 mph for 300 miles. And it gets lots of smiles and photos. try it

Latest posts

Back