Show us your Cars!

Discussion in 'THE OTHER TALK' started by Clothespin n, Oct 4, 2006.

1. SCHWINNRAY69

SCHWINNRAY69

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Beautiful Cadillac! :shock:

2. Jboss

Jboss

0   0   0

I put Air Ride in it and they didnt have a kit when I did it. But they do now!!

3. ezernut9mm

ezernut9mm

0   0   0

f'in killer. i hope you got a fair price. that car is my only true gm dream. fomoco by blood here and love the slab sided lincolns, but would do some really bad things for a "slick black cadillac". lol i did own a 66 sedan deville though nowhere as coll as that.

4. outskirtscustoms

outskirtscustoms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
    That '59 is sweet. I love old caddys, I still miss mine (Had to sell due to gas prices). I've owned a '74 Eldorado convertible (Rode like a land yacht) and a '58 Hearse with '59 quarter panels (Customized in my auto body class back in high school). Still miss them both. :cry:

5. UK Roman

UK Roman

0   0   0

Can't find actual pics of my first two cars but they were:
    '51-'56 Mk1 Ford Consul - a bit like a smaller UK version of the '49 Ford (mine was pastel blue):
    [​IMG]

'62-'66 Mk3 Ford Zodiac - mine was a black ex 'Special Branch' (bit like the FBI) squad car that had allegedly transported a few of London's notorious gangland bosses!
    [​IMG]

Recent:
    Austin Healey 100/4 replica (powered by a slightly tuned Pinto engine):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My last two daily drivers have both been MG ZTs (sadly neither were the 400bhp supercharged V8 versions):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I reckon a ZT could possibly be made into quite a nice Lead Sled..

6. ezernut9mm

ezernut9mm

0   0   0

i didn't know mg was still making cars. are they still owned by bl? i had a 63 migit. fun car. my dad restored a few ah 3000 mkII and mkIII's. love their looks. i'd bet a small solid lift v8 would be a fun power plant for one of those, but i guess carroll shelby sorta did something like that already. lol

7. UK Roman

UK Roman

0   0   0

MG & Rover were sold to BAE Aerospace who then sold them to BMW who kept Mini & sold the rest to the Phoenix consortium who started take over talks with Chinese company SAIC who stalled the deal long enough to close the company & get the designs, tooling & patents for peanuts. A sorry tale though they are now making MGs again (mostly in China), the initial offerings just look like generic South East Asian cars.

Apparently Shelby approached Austin Healey before AC but they turned him down..

8. hubgearfreak

hubgearfreak

0   0   0

it's easy enough to blame SAIC, but the directors of pheonix personally made millions from the sale of the land in the UK whilst the workforce got shafted. some cynics could perhaps suggest that this was their intention from day 1.

9. UK Roman

UK Roman

0   0   0

Yep, plenty of blame there but kept my summary short so as not to sully a great thread with politics!

10. outskirtscustoms

outskirtscustoms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Thank you for that.

11. PowertribeCustoms

PowertribeCustoms

0   0   0

12. outskirtscustoms

outskirtscustoms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

13. PowertribeCustoms

PowertribeCustoms

0   0   0

Thanks!

14. outskirtscustoms

outskirtscustoms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Did you do the bodywork yourself? As a body man I know how difficult it is to build a black car. (It shows everything) That thing looks flawless.

15. PowertribeCustoms

PowertribeCustoms

0   0   0

I got the car about 10 years ago from a guy who had just had paint and bodywork done. It looks good from a distance but there are flaws, and you're right you can see every one. I restored the interior and motor a few years back. I got the wheels and tires for it about a year ago.

16. outskirtscustoms

outskirtscustoms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Cool, I had a '58 Caddy Hearse with '59 quarter panels (My auto body project back in high school) that I painted black and I had to do so many hours of bodywork it was not even funny. Lots of block sanding, wet sanding, looking for imperfections till your eyes hurt and going back over it again and again. Then I had to re-do it when I cut the quarters back off to add in an inch of metal so I could run a wider tire in the back. Loads of work for something so subtle but it looked mean.

17. Jimmy the Gent

Jimmy the Gent

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

[​IMG]

I just bought it. It's an '89 with an automatic transmission....not a 5.0.

I'm going to drive it; take care of it, and save my money for something I really want. 8)

18. SCHWINNRAY69

SCHWINNRAY69

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Nice! :D "Trans-Am what's your pleasure" 8) 8)

19. yoothgeye

yoothgeye I <3 Single Speeds Moderator

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

'89 was a great year for cars, I've loved every '89 I've had. I had an '89 Mustang GT 5.0, great car, drove it through high school, college, and first year of marriage. It was a 5 speed on the highway with the air conditioner going I could get 28.5mpg. Amazing. My previous bored out 5.0, 1983 model, this was before they were a high-output engine, it also had a 4 barrel, it got 6.9mpg and wasn't nearly as fast as my stock '89.

Shouldn't be hard to find a set of 16" Pony wheels for that car and it will have the look of the V8. My brother-in-law had a '86 6 cylinder, he had GT wheels and put dual pipes on it and it had the look too. I love Mustangs... I need to stop now.

20. SCHWINNRAY69

SCHWINNRAY69

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Sweet Stang! :D Seems like you would really want a 1974 Dodge Monaco ex-ploice car :mrgreen: