Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chips_Mahoy - It's a 351 Cleveland. Had the car since I was 13 (in my 40's now :)) First car I ever owned. I think I have paid more for some of my bikes than what I got this car for back then! Saw it on the side of the road for sale and mowed lawns all summer to pay for it :D

Here are a couple of pics of the 'Stang without a bike in front of it. :D

5bce2dc6.jpg

ab4f2f15.jpg

ED-PV said:
Chips_Mahoy - It's a 351 Cleveland. Had the car since I was 13 (in my 40's now :)) First car I ever owned. I think I have paid more for some of my bikes than what I got this car for back then! Saw it on the side of the road for sale and mowed lawns all summer to pay for it :D
Great story and a fantastic looking ride! That "shaker" & magnums are what makes those cars stand out. An old friend of mine had the sme setup but with the GT wheels. It was a very nice restification in '79...brought it to San Antonio while we were in the service there and it got the drivers door/ pilar plowed in to by a 58 Chevy while we were in a particular watering hole. Got a replacement door from a wrecking yard hung and later took it back to Reno where he owned an auto body shop.

bart savage said:
ED-PV said:
Great story and a fantastic looking ride! That "shaker" & magnums are what makes those cars stand out. An old friend of mine had the sme setup but with the GT wheels. It was a very nice restification in '79...brought it to San Antonio while we were in the service there and it got the drivers door/ pilar plowed in to by a 58 Chevy while we were in a particular watering hole. Got a replacement door from a wrecking yard hung and later took it back to Reno where he owned an auto body shop.

bart savage - Stinks about the T-Bone, but at least he owned a body shop! The first week I drove the car to high school, my best friend's girlfriend hit my car in the parking lot. She swore she was in "reverse" but her car went forward and hit the rear end of the Stang. Didn't have $ for a body shop so I got my first crack at body work :) Turned out pretty good and jokingly never forgave her for denting up my new ride. 20 yr. high school reunion rolls around, I had all but forgotten about the incident, but the girl that hit the car back in '83 was there and hands me an envelope with $289.00 cash in it (the exact amount it cost me for parts and paint to fix the car back then). She tells me that she never forgot about the accident and always meant to pay be me back...but still swears to this day that her car was in reverse!

Good for you for hanging onto it! I still have my '65 Mustang coupe I got when I was 17. It's technically my first "car" since my first vehicle was a '66 Ford Econoline pickup. Although my Mustang is nowhere as nice as yours....... :cry:

Chips_Mahoy said:
Good for you for hanging onto it! I still have my '65 Mustang coupe I got when I was 17. It's technically my first "car" since my first vehicle was a '66 Ford Econoline pickup. Although my Mustang is nowhere as nice as yours....... :cry:

Awesome! Love to hear about guys that still have their first cars! Pretty rare, but I have run into a few lately. '65 coupe...Nice...any vintage Mustang is nice in my book! BTW...I still have my first bike also! :) Don't worry...I'm not a pack rat...just believe you come across a few things in life that must be held on to :)

Beautiful '69 Mach One, I have a soft spot for Mustangs. My first car was a '70 Mach One that I had given to me (Had to pull it out of a creek) my uncle helped me re-build it before he passed. Still miss both of them.

outskirtscustoms said:
Beautiful '69 Mach One, I have a soft spot for Mustangs. My first car was a '70 Mach One that I had given to me (Had to pull it out of a creek) my uncle helped me re-build it before he passed. Still miss both of them.

'69 and '70 Mach 1's are definitely my favorite model Mustangs! There are only a few cars that I never get tired of looking at and those are definitely two of them!

15f6adea.jpg

Hey there.
I noticed that you're in Stockport. I work at a local museum and I'm in charge of restoring a 1908 gas producer engine made in Stockport by the company of Richard Hornsby..
The car is a four door sedan. It is not so rare as the coupe.
Keep rollin.

stocksucks said:
Hey there.
I noticed that you're in Stockport. I work at a local museum and I'm in charge of restoring a 1908 gas producer engine made in Stockport by the company of Richard Hornsby..
The car is a four door sedan. It is not so rare as the coupe.
Keep rollin.

Where are you located?

Seeing that a lot of the 4 door saloons were used as donor cars for keeping coupes on the road, I'd say they are rarer by now.

Latest posts

Back