Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daily driver:

pic012.jpg

Winter hack:

pic001.jpg

Former Sunday car:

euro03_13.jpg

Next Sunday car:

normal_DSC02158.jpg

Nice Rover P6, Baron. I will always like Rovers for giving the Buick nailhead a second lease on life.

Here's my British contribution. It's a '47 MG TC. Don't let the shine fool you, it's a driver that sees about 3000 miles a year. :D

5546968514_eb1e5f2081_z.jpg

P.S. Being a hot rodder at heart, when I added the extra rear lights I went with one of my favorites; the '29 Model A tail lights.

Beautiful car! The curved dash, the suicide doors, the long lean "bonnet", the wide open spoke wheels, sweet! I love the mechanical details of those critters too, the balanced airbox, engine sideplates, the little brass tags on the motor, even the backwards Lucas wiring system is cool. 8)

deorman said:
Beautiful car! The curved dash, the suicide doors, the long lean "bonnet", the wide open spoke wheels, sweet! I love the mechanical details of those critters too, the balanced airbox, engine sideplates, the little brass tags on the motor, even the backwards Lucas wiring system is cool. 8)

Thanks deorman! It's a lot of fun, even with the positive ground, backwards wiring. :lol:

DesignIt said:
Nice Rover P6, Baron. I will always like Rovers for giving the Buick nailhead a second lease on life.

Here's my British contribution. It's a '47 MG TC. Don't let the shine fool you, it's a driver that sees about 3000 miles a year. :D

P.S. Being a hot rodder at heart, when I added the extra rear lights I went with one of my favorites; the '29 Model A tail lights.

Wow, I would have never imagined rat rod bikers have such valuables. You even have the right climate for it.
As you may gather from my Sunday drivers, I'm not exactly averse to hot rodding either.

The Vette is based on a 1969 frame with a homemade three piece body. The entire front is one piece, so is the entire rear, and the centre section with the doors. All three pieces can be removed within seconds. Motive power comes from a 454 which has been destroked via a 396 crankshaft to make it extremely undersquare and meet the 7 Litre/427CI displacement limit. It has a Crower injection from an old offshore racing boat. Following the engine is a Doug Nash two plate clutch and a Muncie M22 rock crusher. Differential is BMW 7series with MIG lock. Steering is Alfa Romeo rack and pinion and brakes are four pot Brembos at each corner. The car won the STT (FIA Special Touring Car Trophy) series in three consecutive years and the highest speed it was ever clocked at is 212mph at Spa-Francorchamps. Being based on the aforementioned 1969 frame, it now has FIA Historic paperwork and this enables the new owner to participate in the FIA Historic GT Series. So the history of the car is all but over and you may see more of it in the future.

The BriSCA F1 Stockcar is running a Potter Automotive Cadillac 522CI through a Doug Nash two speed with reverser and a Ford 9" rear.

BriSCA F1 Stockcar racing is a total contact formula, run on short ovals with either dirt or tarmac surface:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYNmNfEUr04

DSC_0898.jpg

'89 Horizon, waiting on the tbi motor to blow before I do the turbo swap

'72 Scamp, paint was almost gone (looks good in this pic though) so it is currently apart and in primer. I have to get it painted soon before it starts to rust again

100_0523.jpg

oddified said:
...are those cop wheels on the scamp?^^^^
good lookin' car

cop wheels, cop brakes, cop steering, cop motor, cop suspension...

it was a slant 6 granny mobile and I found a rare '76 dart cop car and pulled all the suspension, sway bars, springs, and engine from it. it has circle track torsion bars up front, standard hot 340 cammed 318 with headers and a 600cfm holley. it has super low compression and a stock converter still so it's slow (about a 14.7, topped out the last 3rd of the quarter), but it makes all the right sounds with the cam, headers, 2.5" duals and glasspacks. it will do a peg leg burnout as far as you want but floats the valves at 92mph with the 3.55's and short 225/50/15 tires.

I never intended it to be a drag car I just ran it at the track once to see what it did. just a nice cruiser that I could take to the autocross every once in a while. the lateral grip of my butt to the bench seat gives out long before the car does :)

I really like the Horizon. Not many left now. I remember when those were new, I worked for the PX system in Frankfurt in the early Eighties. There was the GLH (Goes Like Hell) version with a 2.2 turbo IIRC. Impossible to get tyres for it at the time. I still remember the size - P195/50R15.

Baron von Zach said:
I really like the Horizon. Not many left now. I remember when those were new, I worked for the PX system in Frankfurt in the early Eighties. There was the GLH (Goes Like Hell) version with a 2.2 turbo IIRC. Impossible to get tyres for it at the time. I still remember the size - P195/50R15.
...yeah those things are WAY under-rated( gonna hear grief for that, I know )...I went to h/s with a kid that had one that ran in the low 12's in the 1/4....even the streetable 5.0 fox-bodies were just getting there( 1990-91 )....embarrassing to be beaten by an Omni when you have a "cool" car lol :lol: ...

oddified said:
Baron von Zach said:
...yeah those things are WAY under-rated( gonna hear grief for that, I know )...I went to h/s with a kid that had one that ran in the low 12's in the 1/4....even the streetable 5.0 fox-bodies were just getting there( 1990-91 )....embarrassing to be beaten by an Omni when you have a "cool" car lol :lol: ...

All so-called 'Muscle Cars' are way overrated. Essentially they are the biggest rubbish ever built.
With an Omni/Horizon, you can blast down the straight, and if ends in a bend, you can go around that too.

Baron von Zach said:
All so-called 'Muscle Cars' are way overrated. Essentially they are the biggest rubbish ever built.
With an Omni/Horizon, you can blast down the straight, and if ends in a bend, you can go around that too.

Mr-Bean_600b-600x400+%25281%2529.jpg

_RLX7677.jpg

streetpirate said:
Baron von Zach said:

Mr-Bean_600b-600x400+%25281%2529.jpg

_RLX7677.jpg

Don't compare apples to oranges. Trans Am cars were severley modified from stock and packed the smallest of all small blocks (302CI limit), which actually makes sense.

Compare these:

Jensen_Interceptor_05sml.jpg

PGrr4406blue.gif

Both are 440TNT powered. And guess which of the two yields more on the auction block today.

Latest posts

Back