show us your BEER BIKE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i almost ordered those pedals. i ended up gettin some rat traps instead.
Cycletruck.jpg

slacker said:
Umm... Best cheap beer? Pabst ain't even in the ballpark, imo.

Huber Bock.

I second that one. I tried the new/old Schlitz...it's OK...Point is better.

Old thread but great topic. 8)

Yeah, I know we didn't build 'em, but they ARE beer bikes.

My 1997 Schwinn Rolling Rock
100_3631.jpg

My 2009 Schwinn Fat Tire
100_1299-1.jpg

And my dad's 2006 Electra Fat Tire
dad_fat_tire.jpg

Wish I had a Fat Tire Beer bike. Not having one and knowing the chances of me ever owning one was slim, is what motivated me to build my own beer bike. And to think some families have more than one, lucky you and lucky dad
blacksheep said:

My 2009 Schwinn Fat Tire
100_1299-1.jpg

dad_fat_tire.jpg

I signed up many times to win a 2009 but I didn't win.

BUT, the Friday before Tour De Fat, we took a tour of New Belgium Brewery, wish I worked there, and they showed us the 2010 Fat Tire Beer bike, and I want one.
Its a Felt delivery, don't know if I should do this, but here is a picture.
loracam066.jpg

dangratsdan said:
loracam066.jpg

HAha catch us if you can! hopefully i'll have one of these to drool over. i like the wooden rack

and i entered just about everyday since around june....nothin.....wah wah wah :cry:

I love how the beers in this thread range from PBR to Oaked B@stard.

*Edited for filter*

Man, your bike is really cool and has personality that ours will never have.

We do feel pretty lucky to have our New Belgium cruisers. Both bikes have a pretty cool story to them.

Back in February my folks, wife, kids, and I had just returned home in a snowstorm from picking up a barn-find Murray in Hartford, WI. Of course the first thing to do after a long drive in the snow to get a bike is to check CL for more bikes. I saw the ad for the Electra Fat Tire that was just over the state line and only about a 30-minute drive. The price was an absolute STEAL. I called up Dad to tell him about the ad and he says "I just got off the phone with the guy. I'm picking it up in the morning. Can I borrow your Suburban?" Beat to a cool bike by my own Dad! The next morning he had it at home and it was awesome. I had to have a Fat Tire bike of my own.

Fast forward to July and my wife and I have moved the family to Colorado. We had stopped at New Belgium in Fort Collins on the way to our new home. We had some beer, picked up a few souvenirs, and I secretly wished that I could work at this cool place. Anyway, I found out about the bike giveaway and my wife and I started signing up every morning. About a week after we first signed up to win, we were driving home from Durango after being in a cool bike shop and my wife says "I want to win a bike". Next morning she received an e-mail from New Belgium that she was the bike winner from the previous day's drawing! NO WAY! A week later the bike was here and I had my Fat Tire cruiser.

dangratsdan said:
Wish I had a Fat Tire Beer bike. Not having one and knowing the chances of me ever owning one was slim, is what motivated me to build my own beer bike. And to think some families have more than one, lucky you and lucky dad
blacksheep said:

My 2009 Schwinn Fat Tire
100_1299-1.jpg

dad_fat_tire.jpg

I signed up many times to win a 2009 but I didn't win.

BUT, the Friday before Tour De Fat, we took a tour of New Belgium Brewery, wish I worked there, and they showed us the 2010 Fat Tire Beer bike, and I want one.
loracam066.jpg

My 1948 Roadmaster pressed into Grocery Getter Duty...

A properly equipped bicycle with Canadian Beer up Front and Chinese Food in the rear...

photo2.jpg

In Michigan we have returnables...exactly $3.60 worth shown here at $0.10/bottle.

photo1.jpg

I want to see someone from wisconsin do a "Spotted Cow" bike. If you have had it you will know what it is. Best beer ever.

"The high winds and a couple of big bumps in the sidewalk destroyed it before I got home that night."

That's a great excuse. I may have to use it when I show up home with a crashed bike on pub night.

Latest posts

Back