Show Off Your Finished Huffy Cranbrook's and Nel Lusso

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
corysmeltzer said:
my cranbrook... easiest/quickest bike i have ever done- don't even think my hands were dirty when i was finished :lol: just removed all the stickers, chain guard and fenders. then swapped out the pedals, seat, grips, and the front sprocket.

march015b.jpg

Since I ordered my girlfriend one on-line and have not had it in my hands yet... are the decals under clearcoat or are they easy to remove?

Thanks for the info... yeah it's cheap, but it's a gift that I wanted her to have, probably more than she wants to have it. We ride mountain bikes a lot, but I recently got a Straight 8 on craigslist and am on the hunt for a good deal on an older bike to build for fun. I just need something for her to ride when I want to ride the Electra. This should be a good start until I figure out how much we will actually ride. I will uprgade her bike if needed later.

Thanks!

I bought another Cranbrook this weekend. It's a different color combo than my other one. The frame is dark green with lime fenders. I robbed the black rims for another project. Not sure what I'm gonna do with this one yet.

3624c55a.jpg

6a7d68a6.jpg

I think alot of cranbrooks sell just cause its cheap parts to steal for projects... I have 5 stacked in a pile myself just cause buying them on sale makes for cheap wheels and tires .....

garagegoon said:
I think alot of cranbrooks sell just cause its cheap parts to steal for projects... I have 5 stacked in a pile myself just cause buying them on sale makes for cheap wheels and tires .....

I paid $55 for that green one. A set of 26" tires is about $40.00 in the same store. :?

crump582 said:
Thanks for the info... yeah it's cheap, but it's a gift that I wanted her to have, probably more than she wants to have it. We ride mountain bikes a lot, but I recently got a Straight 8 on craigslist and am on the hunt for a good deal on an older bike to build for fun. I just need something for her to ride when I want to ride the Electra. This should be a good start until I figure out how much we will actually ride. I will uprgade her bike if needed later.

Thanks!

No, I get it. Didn't mean to sound like you bought a crappy bike. And my Crannie? Well, it's got a 66cc 2 smoker strapped to it!

Just got done rebuilding a 60's Western Flyer for the lady. Girls and bikes go well together!

I know what you meant, I took it fine. I was just agreeing on the "cheap" thing. I got her this bike, but also had to buy her stuff SHE wants for her birthday... this is just a little add on for me! :oops:

lucas.jpg

retro fitted a Electra front basket to the rear, Springer front end, new tires and rims, a cat head light with new mounting bracket and a Electra seat.

^^^Looks good man.

Also... felt pretty silly about asking about removing "decals" from this bike. Might have taken 15 seconds to remove the stickers. I laughed out loud when I peeled the wrinkled up first sticker off... remembering that I asked on here if it was difficult.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ok, well technically it's not a Cranbrook, it's a Kulana Rivieria (Pacific Cycles), but I've got a couple of Cranbrooks that I'm working on and they look almost identical. Probably came from the same Chinese factory, lol.

predfan2001 said:
I bought another Cranbrook this weekend. It's a different color combo than my other one. The frame is dark green with lime fenders. I robbed the black rims for another project. Not sure what I'm gonna do with this one yet.

3624c55a.jpg

6a7d68a6.jpg
Is that a decal on the frame?

On another note, has anyone seen all the Huffy Cranbrooks (and Electras) in the current Big Brother house?
I've seen this bike as well as some disassembled girls bikes hung as wall art, kinda cool, kinda... :roll:

I must admit, the show is a guilty pleasure of mine. I enjoy watching the psychological aspect of the 'game' and how tactical players are vs. strategic.

Also a "guilty pleasure" of mine haha. But I'm really surprised nobody has even tried taking off around the house on one!

I guess finished is a relative term. :lol:

My wife bought me this Cranbrook a couple of months ago for my birthday. I have removed the fenders and chainguard. The handlebar is a Wald 870 9.5" rise bar from my LBS. The laidback seatpost is from ebay. The original Huffy seat squeaked badly. The seat on it now is a Bell I found on sale at Target for less than $5, but I eventually want to find a seat with more suspension action.

Cranbrook1.jpg

Cranbrook2.jpg

Cranbrook3.jpg

Cranbrook4.jpg

Here is my Cranbrook. I picked it up on clearance from wallymart for $50.00. It was returned.
I rode it around the store and it had wobbly rims, bent pedals, a loose headset and loose cranks.
It was perfect for this project, the coaster brake worked great and nothing was dented.
282479_1951012290862_1109264310_31694485_1766580_n.jpg

I took everything off it, taped it and painted it all flat black.
252181_1951292257861_1109264310_31694727_33766_n.jpg

At first, I simply flipped and cut the bars, bent the seatpost back,
tightened the headset and cranks, added a different seat, and straightened the wheels.
It rode nice, but wasn't quite what I was looking for.
223067_1952030876326_1109264310_31695260_6463210_n.jpg

Next, I ordered a new seat with matching grips and a laid back seatpost,
and swapped out the cruiser bar for an upside down mountain bike bar.
I had to cut the brace off the setapost to get it low enough. This is what I was looking for. It is very fun to ride around.
08132011058.jpg

08132011057.jpg

08132011059.jpg

Finished, except for tweeks.
2011_0818BaseBike0001.jpg

I promise more photos soon. Original tube flat from setting on carpet in LR. I don't think they are real good. It's a mail order build. No LBS, no public transportation. Still keeps me out of the bars. Evelyn will show more thought & creativity (and less shipping costs !!!).

Excuse the crummy phone pics. Only thing left to do is paint the ammo cans to match the fenders and mount my 2 meter antenna.
Being a ham radio op, if it has wheels it must have a radio.

BIKE_1.jpg

BIKE_4.jpg

BIKE_3.jpg

BIKE_2.jpg

I was in Walmart the other day and saw they had several new color combos of Cranbrooks. Silver with copper rims and another color that had red rims.

Latest posts

Back