Show me your WHEEL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I searched, but couldn't find an existing thread dedicated to one of the most important, but often overlooked components of a bicycle.......THE WHEEL. I think the wheel itself is often overlooked as an area of potential added detail of an overall bicycle, and can be considered a form of art, all by itself. I've seen many nicely customized bicycles that still sport the traditional, age old silver 3 cross wheels that have been around forever. On the other hand, I've seen many cool looking customized wheels with custom details which seem get lost within the overall picture of a bike.

So, I figured it would be nice to have a thread full of nothing but pics showing just a wheel, with a sample of one of the many things that can be done, and has been done, to deviate from the basic all silver, 3 cross spoked wheel, whether it's something you created, or something you found while scrounging the web. There's lots of cool ideas and products, out there, but let's put them all in one place to aid members who may be looking for cool, and/or unusual wheel ideas.

I'll start with a wheel I recently altered for one of my rigs: You can view the whole bike at http://rooski.smugmug.com/photos/i-DWKhMJ7/0/XL/i-DWKhMJ7-XL.jpg

i-tz3v9Vg-XL.jpg

That's a very good thread idea we all overlook the one thing that makes a bicycle cool wheel also

Roscoe Clyde said:
1_30.jpg

Not mine, just thought it was neat.

Roscoe Clyde

cool but how well does it conner? :shock:

maybe put a tire over it.. or no.. cut the side walls off a tire and put the tread on it, also take wire and bind each spring together so it moves but they cant slip :wink: :D

Holy cow!!! Where is the build thread for that beauty!!???????

Latest posts

Back