Show me your enclosed cargo trailer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you have an enclosed cargo trailer you haul your bikes and related items in to shows and swaps, lets see them! Please, no open trailer's or trucks or vans. I'm looking for some inspiration and ideas. I'd like to see how you stabilize your bikes during transport as well as you store other cargo, thanks!:)

I may have posted this in here before, I don't know. I built this in Pennsylvania on a HFreight frame..3 yrs ago, I live in Florida..just 3/4" ply walls, I'm not camping in it or anything.
It's made two trips up and down the east coast hauls like a dream with my little ford focus wagon..also two trips up to Charleston SC and back down to Florida...and that's not exactly right next door. Now,
Trailer it's out back and basically a full time bike shed.:happy: I call it shed #3
hfframe.png
MaidenVoyagereducedStTherese.jpg

As far as stabilizing, I don't block or chock. But just like storing /hauling bikes anywhere what's the main get in the way space hogs? Handlebars, pedals tires I've found that best storage now is just take off bars, take off pedals, take off tires.takes about 5 minutes..put them in those big Tuffy lidded containers, and stack the frames..you can get double or triple times amount bikes and stuff in the same amount of space. I can get 4 bike frames in a large lidded container. I hauled 8 bikes, tools , jacks, spare trailer tires , clothes, and asst. other useless 'junk' down last time from S.C. If you don't care about the paint, great, if you do, just put a blanket or something between frames. when stacking.
:happy:
franco

If I had the time and extra money, I'd build one of these.

phpThumb.php

Latest posts

Back