Should I part it? (38-39 Womans Elgin)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
20180331_173434_Burst01.jpg

Should I part this?, it has all the parts to get my men's bikes up and riding. But it's just so nice and original I'm struggling with the decision HELP !!
20180319_184258.jpg

I like it!
An OA bath, new tires and a little time getting all of the sheet metal straight would take it to a new level.

Yeah I'm starting to agree, it's just so beautiful I just can't make myself use it as a parts bike. Especially since this is one of the few women's bikes I would actually ride on a regular basis.

View attachment 72840
Should I part this?, it has all the parts to get my men's bikes up and riding. But it's just so nice and original I'm struggling with the decision HELP !!
View attachment 72841
What exactly were you planning to use for your other bikes? They seem almost complete already. I can see wheels, handlebar, pedals and skirt guards only that you have on ladies Elgin and missing on your men's bikes. I guess those would not be the parts you would ruin this original beauty for.

What exactly were you planning to use for your other bikes? They seem almost complete already. I can see wheels, handlebar, pedals and skirt guards only that you have on ladies Elgin and missing on your men's bikes. I guess those would not be the parts you would ruin this original beauty for.
Most of the stuff (seat, pedals, handlebars) are specific to womens bikes and wouldn't be right for the other bikes anyway.

The bars and seat are men's Parts someone must have switched them out, I was also going to use the Elgin air cooled wheel set, kickstand, rack. So not the whole bike but enough of the parts to make it un-rideable.

But I've already decided to still keep it the way it is and fix it up.

Latest posts

Back