Sears FreeSpirit Banana Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Scored! Got this 20" Sears bike that I have named the Rainbow bike, got a good deal on it and had to have it for the collection. I remember seeing these bikes at Sears when I was a kid. The bike has been fairly well kept and still has its original banana seat. I'll have to take some time and clean it up a bit more. My son and his friends all think it's cool, because they really like the Rainbow paint job. Then I went to a car show and scored a pair of 26 x 2.125 white wall tires for one of my cruisers for $10pr.
ee81506a085a486ba68d8f05a0d51fd3.jpg

5c7254a29f5283b4c967676c33f6af72.jpg

Re: Sears FreeSpirit

Holy Cow, I found a bike that leaves everyone speechless. 132 looks and not one comments, Guess nobody likes the old Sears Banana bikes. LOL

dogdart said:
Sweet :D Here's mine , has original yellow pedals

Too cool! Yep, The guy who I got the bike from had replaced the pedals? I did not know they were yellow now I have a new challenge for the swap meets. Thanks for sharing the photo.

Well if your looking for comments...To bad its a girls 20" bike..lol It is cool though was it re painted..? Post a Road bike and see how little comments you will recieve..! :|

jaydub said:
Well if your looking for comments...To bad its a girls 20" bike..lol It is cool though was it re painted..? Post a Road bike and see how little comments you will recieve..! :|
Just surprised at the initial response, but you are right its a girls bike not too interesting. Not a repaint that's how it was made. Thanks

tin machine said:
yeah man , don't take it personal , cool bike ,girl bikes don't get alot of respect , mountain bike not to much also , nice find , i like the colors nice chrome !!!
Nothing personal taken. Heck, when I have posted shots of tank bikes you guys are all over them, wish I could find more vintage bikes out in this area to share. Seems like most of what I find is either beat to death and missing most of the cool stuff, or overpriced. And many times both. Like you said girls bikes just don't get respect, I agree out here they usually become parts donors. Thanks

CMG...don't be disheartened...Kool bike...reminds me of some of the wacky,wild paint jobs some of the drag guys were painting their cars back in the '60's...the funny car "COLOR ME GONE" comes to mind...P 8)

All I know if I was a young girl..and this is the internet... ya never know LOL..I would be happy to be riding it..Boy that paint is nice that bike is in great shape...Any idea of its age mid 70s ?

Latest posts

Back