scrambled scrambler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
the orange frame in the pic is whats left of a Schwinn Stingray Scrambler so I'll build it up for this B.O.
100_5301.jpg

Your from the schwinn forums arent you?
I remember these frames from a Stingray frame comparison thread...maybe it was on here

Im prettty excited to see all these schwinns entered done,

yes dingo I do go to the Schwinn forrums, I think I posted that pic here in another thread and now it looks like both
will be built for this kbbo. My little test rider is going to build the large frame while I build the small one.

so I started digging through the pile for parts now that the snow has melted away I think I can put a bike together from this pile :roll:
100_5661.jpg

I am trying to decide on a fork , these are both NOS replacements forks I have a few of these I picked up some time back from my l.b.s
100_5659.jpg

I hope to do some work on it this w/e

hey, that blue frame, the tandem, you want to sell it, if so how much?

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Dingo the blade fork is what should be on this bike but I think I want a different look, I am thinking muscle bike with a 20/16 wheel combo.

Outlaw the tandem is my daughters project she is getting it ready for paint...I want to cut it up for a stretch chopper :mrgreen:

Father and daughter building side by side! Your a "lucky" man. Can't wait to see both results! 8)

rear wheel together I started with a slighly rusty dirty Komet Super hub and a pre laced front wheel
100_5671.jpg

100_5669.jpg

after a couple hours disassembly , cleaning, regreasing and relacing this is the end result
100_5665.jpg

100_5667.jpg

I forgot how smooth the Komet hubs were, this wheel should do the trick.
Now for a front wheel hmmmm

Kota that daughter of mine is a chip off the old block she likes everything I like...Great kid and real smart.

jeez you guys are doing some cool bikes for this kbbo. I have at managed to get the frame sanded, primed and painted pink :lol:

OK its not pink
100_5689.jpg

still choosing other parts from the pile and picked up a sissy bar and seat from the local low rider shop
more later

trying out some fork and wheel combos , I like this one and its actually the look this bike had from day one....old school bmx
100_5691.jpg

the frame with a stock rear fender mounted along with the front end
100_5690.jpg

I would still need to cut off the extra length of steer tube
more later

I tossed a few more parts on and gave the bike a test ride....cool like 1977 all over again and what a wheelie machine I almost bailed on it
a couple times so here it is ridable
100_5690-1.jpg

the back wheel is so smooth with the komet hub and the gear work really good on this little ray
100_5691-1.jpg

My wife thought I was having too much fun so she had to take it for a spin
100_5692.jpg

I still have a few things to do to this bike but I really like it in old school bmx fashion

Old school bmx rules. I'm 44 and that bring's back memories. I may have to build somrthing like that now. I like it!

Thanks for all the comments guys....I let Rachael rob the seat from this bike and I have had a full plate lately so I will have to finish
this bike later.
Congrats to the other builders you guys are building some cool bikes :!:

Latest posts

Back