Scooters (One done!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Scooters

Scooters are fun to build what ya got planned? 8) :mrgreen:

Thats a nice jig ya got there,Im keeping my eye on this build!!

For you or your daughter?...Some of us are scooter freaks here.

Both, I am making hers first then mine and then some for no reason. I also want to make a big one we can both ride with a a motor. I have learned the first design is not always the best, but you can learn from it and make a better one.

Kota is right we are some scooter freaks!!!! Check out are scooter build off there were a lot of cool builds going on !!!

If you're going to use them on pavement, make the footboard as LOW as possible, and use quality wheel bearings. I've got three (Footbike,Kickbike, Mogo) and I can tell the difference in bearings. One has a lower footboard by only an inch, and that is a huge benefit. I'm working on a motor scooter, for transportation, but when I'm done I'm gonna finish the footbike I started to customize....I'm GLAD you started this thread, I needed the "kick".

Yeah the 12 inch wheel I got is junk. It will work for mock-up. So if anyone knows of a decent wheel let me know. I might have to use a 16 in the back and a 24 or 26 in the front. Thanks for the tips. I am picking up DOM tubing tomorrow. I rolled some 16gauge square tubing today to give it a slight kick-up in the back. I will try both square and round see how they work. I will take some pics tomorrow if I get time to do anything.

bloodhound said:
Yeah the 12 inch wheel I got is junk. It will work for mock-up. So if anyone knows of a decent wheel let me know. I might have to use a 16 in the back and a 24 or 26 in the front. Thanks for the tips. I am picking up DOM tubing tomorrow. I rolled some 16gauge square tubing today to give it a slight kick-up in the back. I will try both square and round see how they work. I will take some pics tomorrow if I get time to do anything.

Heres a couple ive done with square and round tubing.The best thing about scooters is ya let your imagination,and creativity go wild and build something fun.
DSC00149.jpg
scooterbrake10.jpg

bloodhound said:
How does that long scooter with the engine handle?
It rides like a cadillac,Its a cruiser but ive gotten it up to 38 mph. 8) :mrgreen:

Lookin good 8) :mrgreen:

I painted the 12 wheel today. Waiting on tires. I let my daughter pick the paint. She picked an HOK Kameleon color at $319.00. That is not going to happen. Atleast she understands how expensive that is and I am letting her pick and HOK shimirin base. I can used it on the scooters and base. I have some left over primer and clear so the price is right.

Latest posts

Back