Scooter build finished.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics are gone ..PhotoBucket!..It was set up like a Kick and GO scooter from the 80's (?)

Do these get going pretty fast?
It's gonna look good all painted up :thumbsup:

Do these get going pretty fast?
It's gonna look good all painted up :thumbsup:
It's really not how fast you can go...I can get 15 MPH for about 45 seconds, then I'm toast..OR I can go 6-7 MPH for hours....Which one do you think is better? :happy:

Thanks guys.
The weather today is rain and 55°, but I'm going to try to get it in primer.

I decided to go with black, silver and green rather than red. I hope it looks as good as it does in my head.

Can't wait to see it painted!
Look!...I found this DIY scooter "kit" on the side of the road!

100_1647.JPG

Can't wait to see it painted!
Look!...I found this DIY scooter "kit" on the side of the road!

View attachment 71236
Looks like you're ready for another build yourself.

You know I'm just as surprised as I think you were when you built yours. I didn't think people would follow along, specially after already seeing a scooter build in the build off.

Looks like you're ready for another build yourself.

You know I'm just as surprised as I think you were when you built yours. I didn't think people would follow along, specially after already seeing a scooter build in the build off.
Just as bike builds are all different...each scooter build is different. My next one will be completely different than my last one.

Almost finished with paint. At the last minute I decided to go with a simple patina finish.
20180226_154819.jpg

That's the only pic that turned out.

Now barring something beyond my control, it should be finished Friday.

Well, I definitely have to work on doing fauxtina paint work.
This thing looks camouflage.
And I wasn't able to get the images for the rear fender as big as I'd have liked them, but I'm calling it done.

20180302_153906.jpg

20180302_153921.jpg

20180302_153941.jpg

20180302_153930.jpg

20180302_153912.jpg

20180302_153925.jpg

It's a fun little ride, but I am way to out of shape to go more than a few blocks. Maybe I should exercise more.

Very cool, I like it a lot. Just ride it every two or three days for say three weeks, You will have developped strength and stamina in no time and You will be able to take longer and longer rides.
Thanks
My wife and I are both just starting an exercise routine, she's got me convinced I can still climb mountains. I guess I'll find out.

Latest posts

Back