SCOOTER BUILD-OFF

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I am done, but now we have snow so no test ride for now.
007-13.jpg

006-21.jpg

005-21.jpg

004-16.jpg

003-21.jpg

Anyone else Finish their rides???? 8) :mrgreen:

Sorry guys, I've been a little busy passing some kidney stones. I know I missed the dead line but I'll still post my finished scoots.

Mmmm... That´s terrible man :cry: around here is referred as man´s labour (as in child labour) if you get what I mean... good luck with that.
But good news are that if you´re willing to finish it we can wait. :wink:

skulldady said:
Sorry guys, I've been a little busy passing some kidney stones. I know I missed the dead line but I'll still post my finished scoots.

Sorry Buddy,I wouldn't wish those on any man! Get well soon and finish your scoots! 8) :mrgreen:

FatBoy said:
skulldady said:

Sorry Buddy,I wouldn't wish those on any man! Get well soon and finish your scoots! 8) :mrgreen:

And drink lots and lots of water :mrgreen:

I know the deadline has past. I been very busy and haven't checked in to much lately. I did buy a scoot on ebay, NEVER showed up! Had to get my money refunded. Anyway, I felt like doing something this week, so I took one of my scooters and decided to do a little work on it. So it's not a built from scratch. But it's something I WILL use. Started with a Footbike Express (entry level scoot). They come with 28 inch front wheel and an 18 inch rear. I wanted something Hot Rod looking, tried bending the fork, a COMPLETE disaster. Decided to put a suspension fork from an Ezip bike (VERY stiff), with a 26 in front and a 20 in the rear. Front is an Araya, with sealed bearings and the rear is a Redline , with sealed bearings. When you spin them they roll forever. Have to cut new rear dropouts. When it's done it should "roll" considerably easier and being LOWER and should be easier to kick. Frame and fork will be painted primer same color as rear fender.Foot board will stay black. Front rim will be black, with a bigger white wall to match rear tire...So, it's nothing radical, but it is something that will get used a lot. Not off road, but as a pavement pounder.

Stock Footbike Express
005-14.jpg

As it sits now
004-24.jpg

001-22.jpg

Looking good so far Kota, lovin´ those rear dropouts. I may try something like that in the near future with mine, and tying similar handlebars also.

I´m taking the skoot for a "spin" today, let´s see if it helps me change my life... :wink:

Gdcast...To me it's a cross between ridng a bike and walking. You want to burn calories, kick hard. ..Want to relax, just kick nice and easy. Have fun!

Thats a good lookin Foot bike ya got there Kota!!! 8) :mrgreen:

Thanks!....I'll let you know how it rides, when finished. The front suspension is so stiff, Ezip bikes are so heavy with the motor and battery pack that I'm not expecting to much movement from it..... This kinda got me back in the mood to start building again! :wink:

For what I´ve been reading puting a 20 in the rear is a great thing to do. And your dropouts are a lot nicer than the other ones I´ve seen. Are yours attachable too, or will you have to cut and weld?
MG I wish I knew all the stuff I´m learning about foot bikes before I did mine... how do I tell the wife I´m gonna have to build another one? :mrgreen: She´s gonna ask me to finish her bike first and I´m in the Scooter build mode now.

Gdcast, the dropouts are just cut out of cardboard in the pics. I thought I had some flat stock steel, but I can't find it! :x So I'll be buying some today. Then cut and weld....The footboard is 4 inches from the ground (originally 5 inches). That's as low as I can get it. That 1 inch will make a HUGE difference in endurance and comfort. The scoot I was planning on fabricating, the footboard will be 3 inches from the ground....After the footbaord, you have to go with QUALITY bearings. Those are the TWO most important things to do when building one.

Forgot: Tell your wife you're building a scoot for HER. :lol:

KOTA said:
Forgot: Tell your wife you're building a scoot for HER. :lol:

Yeah, all ready tried that I´m goona try with Dad next, that´s it, I´ll build one for Dad :wink:

Got the dropouts fabbed today. Cut the old ones off. These are just tacked in place, ceramic tip on welder broke, lost the other axle insert and axle nuts....These axles are 1/2 inch, I don't really have any BMX parts, not sure where I can find some. Hardware stores don't carry the thread pattern for these............Oh! These things are a pain in the butt to make (3/16 flat stock). I don't think I have the patience to do a "scratch built" anymore.

001-60.jpg

With some primer, just to see how they flowed with the frame.
006-19.jpg

Kota, Those dropouts look good! You may lack patience but ya got plenty of skill to make a scratch built! 8) :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back