SCOOTER BUILD-OFF

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres the template/cardboard deck .Ididnt want it to fat or skinny what do ya think?
buildoffdeck.jpg
buildoffdeck2.jpg
And heres the rear brake mounted under the swing arm...
buildoffbrakes.jpg

jackdaw said:
I like those brakes. What are those? That deck looks good. What about fatter at the front? Kinda tapering back?

I agree the deck could be a little wider up front and the brakes are some old center pull shimanos I took off a Nishiki MTB they mount on the bottom of the swingarm ...

I got a little more done
006-19.jpg

005-18.jpg

003-18.jpg

Had this laying around so I thought I'd put it to use
002-24.jpg

Might not get it finished on time, but I am having fun, and have not spent a dime, yet

Your scoot is looking good!I almost broke down and bought some bars and a stem the other night but I didnt...Up til now all Ive spent money on is welding wire and flap wheels,Im sure ill have to buy a brake cable or something before im done!I think the best part is making it for nothing and seeing what ya end up with.I was thinking I might not finish mine on time either but a couple more long nights and it will be done! 8) :mrgreen:

Tonight I was able to make the deck :D The diamond plate went out the window and I made my own...I started with some 1/8 aluminum and engine turned it with a wire cup brush,then threw on a 2" strip of grip tape on it !So what do ya think?I like how it came out I might put some pinch moulding around the edges so it doesnt slice any ankles!Tomorrow Ill finish the welding I have left to do and hopefully start some body work! 8) :mrgreen:
DSC00139.jpg
DSC00141.jpg
DSC00140.jpg
DSC00142.jpg
DSC00143.jpg
DSC00144.jpg

The day has finally come when im actually starting to lay down some paint!!!I got the bottom of the frame done and body worked along with the swingarm,neck and bars...Now there all in primer just some fine sanding and then color!Im getting anxious to assemble this and call it done!Ill try and paint it tomorrow but if all goes well!! 8) :mrgreen:
DSC00147.jpg
DSC00145.jpg
DSC00146.jpg
DSC00148.jpg

Hows it gonna look when its done?I will have to keep ya wondering for a little while longer...I painted everything and have it about 99% assembled,just a few minor details and I post up the pics.It looks like im going to make the deadline with a week to spare!!Im really happy with the way its coming out! 8) :mrgreen:

Skuldady you can do it there is still 13 days left! 8) :mrgreen:

O.K. Folks here it is painted and finished.I had a buddy make the vinyl decals,Im really happy with the way it came out!!! I stuck to the rules I really spent less than 20 bucks on this build,all I bought was paint,grip tape,cable for rear brake and the moulding for the deck,everything else I had laying around!!!! I hope everyone likes it as much as I do! 8) :D
DSC00149.jpg
DSC00153.jpg
DSC00152.jpg
DSC00151.jpg
DSC00150.jpg
DSC00154.jpg
DSC00155.jpg
DSC00156.jpg
DSC00157.jpg
DSC00158.jpg

Absolutely GORGEOUS!...You have created the very FIRST "Kick and Go Down Hill Scooter". Be proud.

Check your PM's

As you can see I never did my scoot for the build off. :oops: :oops: ..I'll use the excuse that I've been "busy". But the truth be known, I just needed a break from building. Besides, NOTHING I would've built could have compared to ANY of the scooters you guys have built.

Kota ,Thanks again for the kind words!!! Im sure you could have built something just as nice or even better,but I feel what your saying im getting a little burned out myself 8) :mrgreen:

Ya know I had to add a drink holder 8) :mrgreen:
buildoff30.jpg

Here is a couple videos,you can see the pedal and suspension work ...I need to bring home a better camera from work and make a better video but this will do for now!!Oh yeah now you can see why they call me FatBoy!!! 8) :mrgreen:

Congratulations to FatBoy and this winner Scooter, mine has no chance against this beast, you sure know how to build this boys! :D

Good news to everybody, FB and I been talking and we think that it would be great if you guys could finish your scoots too, so we are extending the deadline one more month.
We would really really like to see what you´re all capable of doing, so go ahead, show it off!!! :wink:

KOTA, just read your last post that some how I missed. Shake that laziness and start building!! You´ve got one more month to join me in the "lost against FatBoy section" :wink: :lol: :lol:

skulldady, recycledbikez2, all of you, that goes to you too!! :mrgreen:

I just spoke to peterbuilt. He said his scoot is DONE, just needs paint. MY scoot was loosely inspired by a "Sidewalker City", which sells close to $400.........Just picked a used one up on ebay for $49. :D .. SOOO, if I get it in time I can chop and change it to EXACTLY what I wanted, in a day or two ( I can primer it in the snow if I have to.) :roll:

Latest posts

Back