SCOOTER BUILD-OFF

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I don't have a whole lot more done on the scoot but I did Finally build a new work bench :D ,now I have alot better work space so there will be progress pics soon!Here is a 2x4 jig I made so I can finish this thing,and the excersize bike frame im stealing my tubing from...
buildoff7.jpg

Very nice!! :D

I miss my garage and work space :cry:
I had a table like that but now there´s no room for it...now I work in the roof, that means I have to bring up all the tools, including the welder that weights... well you all know how much a welder weight. Not good for my back :roll:

I have got to get a new camera,Sorry for the bad pic....Heres is a little mach up ive got some direction now so im starting to like where its going 8) :mrgreen:
buildoff10.jpg

skulldady said:
that looks like it's gona be some down hill fun.

Thanks Skuldady!!Im slowly chipping away on this one...Im trying to fit in a hour here and there when I can but it seems like I stand there looking at it with the wheels in my brain turning more than actually building!I gotta little done today,Cleaned up the tubing and made a gusset for the front.....
buildoff11.jpg
buildoff12.jpg

Your art work looks .... good!!!Cant wait to see it all together 8) :mrgreen:

Okay I changed the rear wheel, I'm not sure I like it, but if I do keep it like this I will fit it in there nice and snug
PB130003.jpg
I really need some opinions on this one, cause I like the idea of it, I'm just not sure if I like the way it's gona look/ride
PB130001.jpg
PB130004.jpg
PB130002.jpg

Skulldady, it should handle fine. As far as "resistance", coasting, the higher the air pressure in the tires and quality bearings, the EASIER it is to kick. I can really notice the difference on some of mine, one has 65lbs pressure and another has 90lbs. ...BUT! If you're only going to use it around the neighborhood (one mile, give or take), don't worry about it. If your going to use it on grass, dirt or gravel roads it will be PERFECT. :wink:...Oh! Looks COOL!

Skulldady,I like it..Puts your deck height nice and low to! :mrgreen: 8)

skulldaddy, I think it rocks. I really like the scooters on here, what a lot of fun! And a cool MTB scoot too! Gettin' sideways downhill in the dirt!!

So I stole some more time this week, here and there. Got me some welding done
PB140004.jpg
First I got the new rear wheel to fit a little more snug.
PB150006.jpg
And fer some strength. Had to try and make it look cool too.
PB150007.jpg
PB150013.jpg
sorry about the ugly welds, I figure it'll have some character
PB150016.jpg
I'll be putten a fender over the wheel soon, any ideas on weather it should be a shortie, or full, or half, ect.

I like your skills,Man this thing is looking good! For the fender Im thinking shorty...but it looks cool the way it is 8) :mrgreen:

Ugly welds???? Man compared to mine those are out of this world!
Love that little tire, I would leave it as it is, but if you really want a fender I would go with a short one too, and as that tire looks like a miniature speed bike, I would take inspiration from there.

FatBoy, this guy is gonna be hard to beat, right? :wink:

Latest posts

Back