SCOOTER BUILD-OFF

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skulldady: What can I say? That thing is off the hook!Beautiful frame, welding and tires.

Peterbuilt: Glad you joined us! You´re off to a great start there, keep going! :wink:

FatBoy: Cool ride you´ve finished, I wanna see a pic of ya riding it

Kota: Thanks for the nice words on my Scoot, you are REALLY generous! :oops:

Schwinnray69: Follow Jack´s advise!
GETTA BUILLDING! :mrgreen:

We had the best Saturday in months around here, so I got to the roof to make some good morning noise.
Made some brackets for the deck:

Welded them to the frame, and did the same with the home made stand,

Cut the fender, bended a little bit.
I like this shot:

Unfortunately, I messed up the board´s paint, so I think I´ll have to replace it or re do it.
More buildn´today after work, Cheers!

Just reading at my post, I figured out how to fix the deck... I just have to turn it upside down, and redo the pattern!
I´ll be saving some bucks there, plus I really like that solid red wood.

Any brakes on that thing?

I'm in too. I have an Emory women's bike with a bent seat tube that will be a donor, along with forks from a kid's bike. I am going to make the footboard from diamondplate if I can find a piece and try to make a foot brake. Pictures when I get home.

Great! Welcome! 8)

There will be brakes on mine, front and rear. My nieces and wife will ride it too, I want it to be as safe as it can.

Here's what I'm starting with. Not using these tires, I'm thinking of a 26 x3 in the front and a 20 x 2.35 in the rear. I'm trying to figure the right angle for the head tube, I might have it the same as the mass produced kick bikes.

2qkqerm.jpg

This one ( http://www.avismonopattino.it/monomodel ... -WEB-L.jpg )
is the most "similar" to mine, but it doesen´t feature a KOTA FORK like the one mine will most probably have :wink: , and it definitely wont cost me 300 plus euros! And it will be nicer :mrgreen:

Been thinking about lowering the deck and how to do it without undoing what I have already done, that´s way I´m considering a bended front fork and custom dropouts welded on the rear. If the bended fork messes up handling too much I´ll have to find a 24´ wheel and tire and that costs $ I dont want to spend... any thoughts? :roll:

Slight bends in the forks and dropouts will drop it a little, and for free! Bend the forks forward and the dropouts upward. Just a little at a time, and both sides of each must be bent equally. Cautiously.

Gdcast if I remember correctly, you already have a bent fork left over from your BO bike....try it out.

KOTA said:
Gdcast if I remember correctly, you already have a bent fork left over from your BO bike....try it out.

Yep, did that, didn´t like it much, and it would definitely affect on handling so I'm gonna leave this one as it is.
Been playing a little with bondo yesterday and restored the deck to it´s original state so next is primer, paint, cleaning the wheel´s bearings and assembly! :D

Odd thing is that I'm already thinking about the changes the next scoot will have... definitely lower, front suspension and full body armour for my self ... I wanna do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsk2OPUp ... re=related :mrgreen:

You'll soon have just as many scooters as bikes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey guys I got some ideas kicking around and here is what im thinking.... :idea: I live in the mountains and thought a full suspension trail scoot would be cool so heres what im starting with.I cut a wall goose MTB,stold the rear swingarm and front forks .Im going to use a 26" front and a 24" rear wheel.This might be a bit challenging but I could always scrap it and go a different direction!
buildoff1.jpg
buildoff3.jpg

Hey FatBoy (I REALLY hate calling someone FatBoy), any way, FatBoy just make sure that there is NO possible way you're going to bottom out, it's called "skarking" in scooter talk. :roll: .....Can't wait to see what you come up with..........FatBoy. :lol:

yeah man, looks like a fun build in the making. I dont think you got anything to worry about, far as "skarking", I got one of those mtb shocks mounted to a wagon I made a while ago, it's holding up 340 lbs as we speak with no problem.

Great stuff FatBoy ( I don't mind calling him FatBoy cause I'm a FatBoy too :wink: )
That´s exactly the way I´ll take on my next scooter, in fact I'm flirting with the idea of leaving the current one for my ladies.

KOTA said:
You'll soon have just as many scooters as bikes. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm blaming you for the "Inception" of that idea in my brain, DiCaprio style :lol:

Been working a little bit on the wheels and back tire, it´s all cleaned, greased and painted. Little tire looks great with the white line, thanks to FatBoy´s Penny Farthing...
I´ll try to give the scoot the first hand of primer today, we´ll see. :wink:

recycledbikez2 said:
This looks cool, got room for one more?
We were trying to keep it below 500 entries...So count them, and if there aren't 499 builds going on....COME ON IN!

I got a little work done on the rear suspension today.I can allready see its gonna be hard to get time for bikes with all the holidays and B days coming up but Im sure Ill finish it in time...So heres a pic of what im doing...
buildoff4.jpg

Latest posts

Back