SCOOTER BUILD-OFF

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, some members have been wanting to do this for a while, so here we go, Scooter Build-Off!!

So far, FatBoy, Motopecane, Kota and I are in. (fell free to join)

Rules:
1- Scooters should be done before Christmas.
2- Keep a low budget.
3- You must have fun doing it.

Once the machines are done, we´ll make a new post with a poll, so that other members can pick MY scooter as winner :lol:

Re: SCOOTER BUILD-OFF ۞ S-Koot ۞

۞ S-Koot ۞

I had started this baby a few days ago, so here is what is done so far:

Goal: something like this:

Started with a MTB neck and then curved and welded some tubing

Too long and unstable (and fogy :? )

Shorter and stronger

There´s a tube inside the joint and that green thicker tube over all.

Next is the wooden deck.
Cheers! :wink:

I've got four, already. We use them, so I know what makes them functional. Might not be the COOLEST looking scoot, but it will be very comfortable to use on long rides. Here's what I "plan" on building. It will probably be a slow start, hunting season and winter preparation is upon us. It'll have two 27 inch rims with all white tires and (maybe) FLAT blue paint. Foot board will be right around 2.5-3 inches from the ground. I'd like something a little different, a little light weight, and a little....FAST! ..With scooters, the FASTER you can make it, the easier it is to go SLOW. :wink:....Like Jack says: "GET TA BUILDING"

kickers28.jpg

Im Gettin my parts list together and checking it twice I want to make this as cool as the first one!!Did anyone invite SkullDaddy to this build off?Good luck guys you both have some good direction allready I better hurry up!!!! 8) :mrgreen:

Wow! This is so cool! I was working on the deck, but I had to come to the computer and check for posts... I know... I´m ill :oops:

Kota, that scoot looks mean! Really low, got me worried about mine´s hight :roll:
FatBoy, relax and enjoy the build man, you´ve got time. Go ahead and PM SkullDaddy, the more the merrier.
Now back to working on that deck :mrgreen:

Gdcast said:
Kota, that scoot looks mean! Really low, got me worried about mine´s hight :roll:

Gdcast, it's all a matter of choice and how and where the scoot is going to be used. There is NO set height rule. I plan on using mine on perfectly smooth pavement. If you plan on using yours on mixed terrain like grass, dirt, gravel, downhill paths, you need some clearance height and the wider tires.

Skinny tires and a low deck height wouldn't work here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GimrfkoT ... ults_video

OR maybe this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1hgm7fS ... ults_video

I'm in, just picked up a J. James bike, stripped it down today. Gota get the camera warmed up, I'll put some hours in on it this weekend if I can.

Pst! mine wont have any problems doing that crazy Youtube stuff Kota :shock: :shock: :shock: hehe. Those dudes are crazy! I would love to get my hands on one of those scooters all right. I´ll consider my self lucky if mines holds my weight two times in a roll. :roll:

Good to hear you´re in Skulldady! warm up that camera and ask Jack what you should do! :wink:

Speaking of building and cameras, I have a few bad pics for ya!
Got the deck almost done, had this laying around.

Cut it

Shaped and trimmed it

Painted it

If rain allows me I´ll get some more done tomorrow...

Started this scooter project about 6 months ago. After seeing this thread I decided to continue working on it. Just in case you didn't know I live two houses away from KOTA, we share parts.
I started with a 1955-56 Columbia girls bike, used the wheels and tires on another project. Frame was hanging around and KOTA was talking about building a scooter, so of course I had to build on too. Took pictures along the way. Here's the progress.

Frame not cut yet
Frame001.jpg

Frame005.jpg

Frame cut and welded
Frame017-1.jpg

MORE TO COME!

Gdcast your scoot is looking real GOOD....Starting to look "store" bought! Peterbuilts' scoot looks WILD in person.

Well today I finished the project I was on so now I can start on a Scooter....Here is what I just finished 8)
bigwheelpenny14.jpg

If ya took the pedals off, it would make a cool Hobby Horse (prelude to sccoters)....NICE job!

Latest posts

Back