Schwinn Tiger

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not sure of the age. I picked it up this morning. It has Schwinn tires and my favorite thing is that it has the original sticker from the bike shop it was purchased at in Omaha Nebraska. B1 8387 is the serial number. Im pretty happy. Its all there.
aefd8648-6cb8-d7f3.jpg

aefd8648-6cf6-bd2c.jpg

aefd8648-6d0c-8ee7.jpg

aefd8648-6d26-1807.jpg

aefd8648-6d42-4b18.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Re: Schwinn Tiger

mocrawler said:
Serial number looks like february of 1952

No Tigers OR middleweights built in '52. Its a '61.

Very cool. I dig the decals on the fenders and the dealer sticker it came from. Gives it a bit of history. Nice find.

Spokeshave said:
Very cool. I dig the decals on the fenders and the dealer sticker it came from. Gives it a bit of history. Nice find.
Im thinking I ought to clear coat the frame and leave it as is.

If you're going to clean it before a clear coat go real easy. The Schwinn Tiger and the fork darts are screened on and will come off before you know it. Trust me I took them right off a '65 Schwinn Racer by accident with a rag and spray cleaner .

Spokeshave said:
If you're going to clean it before a clear coat go real easy. The Schwinn Tiger and the fork darts are screened on and will come off before you know it. Trust me I took them right off a '65 Schwinn Racer by accident with a rag and spray cleaner .
Thank you for the warning! How would you go about cleaning it before a clear coating? I washed it with soap and water last night.

Ok, I was looking at the tiger tonight and noticed something. Do the forks look bent back to any of you. Im a newb to bikes,but they look a little tweaked.
aefd844a-351c-d4ae.jpg

mocrawler said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Yep she's tweaked, common problem.
Any tips on straightening it? Im a bent fork virgin.

Most bike shops have special tools for straightening forks. I think it would be worth the money to have them do it, as getting the proper alignment can sometimes be pretty difficult.

I love the Tiger by the way, my first restoration was on a 1956 Schwinn Tiger.

Latest posts

Back