Schwinn Miss Teen

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
This one is totally new to me. I've never heard of a "Miss Teen" model. Anybody else have one?

050312181535.jpg

Makes you wonder if there was/is a "Mr. Teen"!...Ha!...I'll bet its serial number puts it around a '60-'61...Schwinn was fool'in around with some pretty weird & comical names that fell flat on their face..."Skipper" comes to mind (I have one of those)...P 8)

I think it was a model somewhere between the Debbie and the CO-ED, is it it a 24" or 26" model ? Good looking survivor !!!

No "Mr. Teen" that I can find, and that's probably a good thing. But, Miss Teen looks to be a one year only name they tried in 1966. Like the early '60 their marketing was still trying out some goofy names to see what would sell. Also in 66 there was a Buddy, and Candy (only funny to us, cause we have friends with those names) and Skipper was still alive.

MissTeen1966.jpg

1966dlr_Miss_Teen.jpg

All cleaned up! I am yet to be disappointed in the quality of Schwinn chrome

050412115521.jpg

Did you read the "Miss Teen" description on that catalog page Marty posted?...A 2-speed kick-back for $8 more...WOW!!! :shock: ...P 8)

Now all you need to do is hit the back side of the fender braces with some silver paint, and clean the Schwinn decal on the seat tube with a magic eraser! (If you're going the Rat Rod Texas Detailing route anyway)! :lol: -Adam

Pappy said:
Did you read the "Miss Teen" description on that catalog page Marty posted?...A 2-speed kick-back for $8 more...WOW!!! :shock: ...P 8)

When I got my first 26" Schwinn with a yellow band kickback, a black Deluxe Typhoon, they were up to $10 extra. That was either '68 or '69. I don't think you could buy a loose kickback from the Schwinn dealer for $8 or $10 though. That price was if it came on a new bike. Gary

ohdeebee said:
All cleaned up! I am yet to be disappointed in the quality of Schwinn chrome

050412115521.jpg
Thing came out nice. Have you tried wesleys bleach white tire cleaner on those grips? It's whitewall cleaner that I'm almost positive would clean those up nicely.

Happy new owner!

051112145532.jpg

Latest posts

Back