Schwinn "Liner" update 6-24

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Schwinn "Liner"

So your saying its not legal but it is lol in your shop when you sell an xtra cycle kit ita an accessory for a previously built bike isn't it? I know it pushes the limits but so do custom rear suspensions added dropouts and some of the other stuff and ontop of all of that is this will be a fully functional bike for a 6'5 guy

lol i think you read my post wrong hooch i am in full on support of you and this build. it is legal build on brother!!

I'm not really worried. I would never win the buildoff anyways lol. I build them cause I like to build them and this one has me pretty excited about building bikes again. I was pretty burnt out for awhile and really uninspired and this idea has brought me back bigtime :)

you guys have called me out of the shadows with these longtail utility builds! I've been building a vintage version of Xtracycle and now everyone seems to be ( OK a couple... but I agree I think we'll see lots more). I'll post up pics and intro tomorrow. Corvette w/ another cantilever Schwinn on the drop outs.

I love it :mrgreen:

Hooch said:
I build them cause I like to build them and this one has me pretty excited about building bikes again. I was pretty burnt out for awhile and really uninspired and this idea has brought me back bigtime :)
thats all that matters :mrgreen:

xddorox said:
I don't see why it would be illegal. It's bolted on and the frame is unaltered. If it was welded on, maybe it would be another debate.

I'm wrestling with that one my self. I've read the rules over and over and I still haven't welded anything to the original frame. I did bolt it on and the original frame can be put back with the turn of a wrench.
No one has to vote for these bikes if they feel that strongly about it. Works for me!

Hooch, love the stretch your building. Yours too xddorox.

Graylock

Graylock said:
No one has to vote for these bikes if they feel that strongly about it. Works for me!

Graylock

There lies the problem.......I think a lot of us WILL vote for them.....Sorta getting tired of dropped bars and dropped seats. :roll: Seems like some bikes when you pedal you're gonna hit your chin with your knees, if you stop a "little" fast your gonna chip a tooth on the stem. I like these "Ratility" bikes Keep up the good work, Hooch.

i like the ratility, it fits perfectly!

i dig the bike and you are fine the way i look at it if there are those wondering if it is legal then u must be making them nervous. it has always been that no you can't cut the main frame structure but you can weld or bolt to it. that has always been an acceptable mod. you are adding on not cutting so its good. keep it up man!

Latest posts

Back