Schwinn King Sting, Schwinn Suburban, Ross Barracuda

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Went yard sailing and scored this 5 speed Schwinn Suburban for $10. It's missing the rear brakes, and it's going to need new tires, and new cables and housing. Probably going to powdercoat it black, clean the chrome up real good, and throw some white tires on it.

photo1-68.jpg

photo2-68.jpg

photo3-58.jpg

photo4-51.jpg

Next is a 5 speed Schwinn King Sting. My friends birthday was a few days ago, and I gave her an old 10 speed ladies Suburban I had fixed up. When my friends dad heard that I liked old bikes, he told me about his old bike that has been in the attic for as long as he could remember, and he just gave it to me. It's kind of rough, but it was free.

photo1-69.jpg

photo2-69.jpg

photo3-59.jpg

photo4-52.jpg

Then on wednesday I stopped by the local antique mall and picked up this 3 speed Ross Barracuda. It is in great shape, with all the parts being in near perfect condition. The tires are what pushed me over the edge to buy it. It is still pretty awesome for being a girls bike.

photo4-50.jpg

photo3-57.jpg

photo2-67.jpg

Hate to burst your bubble but that is not a King Sting it looks like a Schwinn Sidewinder. Cool find and still worth something. Matt

NIce finds. love the blue rims, that one will build up great.

Also like the Barracuda, I passed on the single speed sibling, same color and everything, at the carlisle auto swap, still thinking I should have bought her.

congrats !

Nice, those 20" white letter tires on the Ross are pretty rare. if nice they would be worth more than the whole bike to a collector. 8)

Thank you matt for the information!

The tires on the girls bike are not in perfect condition. They have some cracking and there's a small hole in the side of the rear.

Latest posts

Back