• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Schwinn kick stand

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I recently acquired a 55 Schwinn Starlet, complete except that the built in kickstand has been surgically removed with a torch. I can clean up where it was cut off but I need the part. If anyone has a junked out Schwinn frame from which they could cut out the kick stand housing and kick stand assembly, I'd like to hear from you so I can better describe what I need.

Thanks,
Ed

I've got a few cut up Varsity frames, I'm sure one of them has the housing I could cut off for you. I'm not sure if I have the stand itself, but can look if it will work.

That would be great. I'll take a couple of pictures this afternoon and let you see what I need

Thanks,
Ed

Here's a picture of the Schwinn frame with the missing kick stand housing. After I removed the bolt-on kick stand, I can see that it appears that it was not torched off but rather it was just broke off. If you can help me, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks again,
Ed
IMG_20200429_122135040.jpg

This is what I have, I hope it will work for you. If it's what you need, I'll look for the stand to go with it.

KS.JPG

Sent you a PM

I'm 86'ing this want ad for a kick stand. A little research shows that a 55 Hornet came with a "detachable" kickstand. I have the correct chainguard and if I were to continue with the Starlet, I'd need to find a set of chrome S2 rims. I'll be happy with my painted rims and feather chain guard. Thanks to all who replied.
Ed

Latest posts

Back