schwinn heavy duti custom or stock

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
well with my recent acquisition of my 1972 Schwinn heavy duti the question arises what can i do to it without hurting it since this oens so complete and original.
with that being said, anyone ever do these up? or got a clean stock one or even a stock one that you plan on building? please show them here
not sure what i am going to do with this one but i am going to keep it as stock as i can maybe a cafe racer style or bobber style with the front fender mounted on the back and front fender delete and different bars
please sow off your Schwinn heavy duti i am also curious how many versions of this misunderstood bike actually exist i know theres an american heavy duit i think a typhoon heavy duti and i am sure there is others. i will fire this off with mine my 1972 all original right down to the tractor tires
18870051_1400034503373889_875641658_o.jpg

Mine's also a '72, and was all original including dry-rotted tractor tires. I put a new rear tire on it, new chain, 42t chainring, and last but not least a front hubmotor kit! In the interest of no permanent mods I left off the front fender because it would have required modification to make it fit with the hubmotor.
1972SchwinnHeavyDuti.jpg
Haevy Duti ebike1.jpg

That King size looks great. Rare bike too. They have a registry for the King size Schwinns over at the CABE.

Thank you. Yes I have 2 on the registry now. A KS was on my wish list and I have found 2 in the last couple months. Bummer I have to let some others go to make room but that is the circle of life in my garage

Latest posts

Back