Schwinn finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't posted anything over the past 6 or 8 months, so I figured it was about time to show some of the stuff I've picked up over that time.

I'm not into muscle bikes, but I know to grab them when I see them!

First up is a Stingray I picked up at an estate sale, it has a Sturmey 3 speed (shifter and cable are missing).
The seat is in flawless condition! :shock:
DSC03514.jpg

Picked up all three of these from the original owner who remembered them being under the Christmas tree in 1965.
The Stingray and Slik Chick were both built in Oct.'65 and the Hollywood was built in Nov.'65. :D
DSC05204.jpg

The Slik Chik has the original Schwinn whitewall slick and 2 speed kickback (blue band, I think). :shock:
DSC05206.jpg

The Stingray also has a kickback hub. As expected the Stingray is in the worst shape lol!
DSC05203.jpg

I have some other Schwinns that I haven't loaded yet, when I get time I'll post those too.

Drooooolllll

nice finds.

Hey Dave, nice finds. This is Evan (rode with you once, murray w red tires) . Ive been wondering if you snagged the jaguar off craigslist, I was battling with pickin that one up. Ive been out hunting as well, ill put a thread up.

A blue band two-speed on a girls bike? That was a waste of $10 back in '65! :p Hope the two speeds work after you rebuild them. Gary

Thanks guys!
I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with these yet, clean them up or otherwise.
I'm at the 'too many projects' level already lol!

barkeep said:
Hey Dave, nice finds. This is Evan (rode with you once, murray w red tires) . Ive been wondering if you snagged the jaguar off craigslist, I was battling with pickin that one up. Ive been out hunting as well, ill put a thread up.

Hey Evan, no I didn't get the Jaguar (I did hear about it though). If your looking for a project, check out my FB page you might find something there.
Hope to see you guys on another ride soon!

For anyone else in the Houston area looking for a group to ride with check out RustyRidersHouston.com, it'll link you to our FB page that shows the days and times that we get together!

Latest posts

Back