Schwinn Convertible ...SEX CHANGE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have mad skills my friend!
Thanks bud!
Awesome job on this one Jim I love the way you make your conversion bikeslook like they were alway this way . If I didn't know better I would think I was looking at some thing that just rolled out of a barn some where that was a custom bike built for some rich guy 60 years ago . The matching of the vintage paint looks spot on .
Thanks G-Matt. That is exactly what I'm going for here. I want it to look totally untouched as if I just found it and cleaned it up.
I like the lights on the tank! Nice!

I need you to do some lettering work on the tank of that Whizzer I just picked up. .
We are definitely going to make that happen!
That's a great photograph of trm doing the sign painting.
This is a crazy cool build. I love trm bikes & I hate to disagree, but ad cool as this is, I dont think it really stacks up against the drag king. Just my opinion. Between the drag king being the impetus behind the tank, the dana, the fauxtina.... this schwinn is great & makes me want to buy a trm tank, but drag king is one of my all time top 5s.

If i had been in time to chime in, i woulda Saud biggest white walls that will fit. Kudos. This schwinn is very very cool.
Thanks ChimeraCycle, the Raceliner (Drag King) was one of my favorite bikes to build! It's really apples and oranges with it and the Schwinn for me. I'm liking this one for completely different reasons. :)
You need to creat a graphic that resembles an old Schwinn advertisement.

Make it look like Schwinn is endorsing your tank.
"Look boys and girls, with a Convertible tank, make all girls bikes into boys"
Have you been reading my mail again? :bigsmile:
I like your idea better than mine! ...I'm on it!

Got the headlights wired up.
lights_zpsevamrztv.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back