Schwinn Breeze for wife

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Got an all original 70s Schwinn Breeze from my wifes uncle. My wife rode it and fell in love so im going to rebuild it for her. She wants lite powder blue with all white tires (which i found for the s-6 rims :shock: ) white decals and white seat and grips. I figure that leaves me with the black schwinn seat and grips for another project :wink: it has a three speed that works great i polished a spot on the wheels,hubs,and handel bars and all will polish out great so im starting teardown tonight
002-4.jpg

spent a couple of days polishing :roll: butt everything turned out pretty nice got the tires mounted up. I have the frame at the powdercoaters should be tuesday or wednesday they said 8) i ran the numbers and its a 78 so not as old as first thought but the wifes happy so thats all that counts :mrgreen:
013-1.jpg
012.jpg

That is going to look really beautiful. She will be able to enjoy that for a lifetime.
I have to ask - Where does one get white s-6 tires?

My local bike shop only had all black for 12$ and I had wanted whitewall so I looked on ebay and found whitewall for 58$ each :shock: so that wasn't happining. But while looking around on ebay I found the all white 42$ free shipping for the pair the ad was for one set so I don't know if there are anymore

That turned out REALLY nice,and she looks very happy with it,cool beans,my friend! :D

Yeah, wonderful job; everything just compliments the bike so nicely and the white tires really make it pop.

ndaway said:
Thanks again to member Pick for the mowhawk front fender every body loves that fender 8)

No problem buddy! Glad you are putting it to good use. The powder blue & white tires make the perfect combo.

Looks like she loves it! See ya @ the swap meet my friend!

I just pi ked a Breeze for my wife as well, and it has the 3speed hub and all. Looks to be all original(except seat) and in really great shape. Any info on the year would be helpful, and history would be great. I'm hoping my wife likes the original black and white, but if not it will be a shame to customize this classic.

thanks, Earl
Picture079.jpg

I believe yoir right on the two speed kick back. I looked it up and that is what it has. The yellow stripes give it away...I have mot tracked down the year yet, but the serial number is on the rear dropouts. Another thing is I never see this bike in black would it be a rarer color? I'm looking to brake it down, clean it up and hand over to my wife.....thanks for all the info!

Latest posts

Back