Schwinn blade fork help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, in the process of swapping out an aftermarket springer on my wife's 1959 Schwinn 26" Tornado. I'm not going to run a front brake, so I don't need the hole for the caliper. My question is what model forks should I be looking for? Obviously balloon/heavyweight, but are the middleweights the same size/width? And if anybody has a set they want to let go, please let me know! Thanks

The 59 Tornado is a middleweight, so it shouldn't be too hard to find a fork. All the middleweight Schwinn forks for cantilever frames should be a match except for color.
1959_11.jpg

Thanks! Are the middleweight and heavyweight the same fork? I'm going to run at least 2.125's on it, just want to make I have clearance.

You'll have clearance on the middleweight forks for 26 x 2.125. Balloon forks are even wider.
Here's my 80 Typhoon (middleweight) with 2.125, plenty of room. I believe the heavyweight forks will fit the bike too.

27x1lpz.jpg

Latest posts

Back