Schwinn bikes ( post pics here )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_8282.JPG

IMG_8267.JPG

Great looking bikes! Socal i really like tha one you did for your daughter.

I found this one at the local Salvation Army thrift store. My daughter has since laid claim to it.
1962 Schwinn Skipper 26" s-7
skipper1.jpg

rat royale said:
Rat'Snottakrate...
Built with original krate parts with a couple of exceptions.... It is a laugh to ride. Eventually it may get painted, but for now, it's just fine as is.
Started out life as a '60 Tornado, now it 'Snottakrate:

Rat Royale
RC Elsewhere

Excellent :)

Wow, I really dig that green one, I particulaly like that shade of green. I'm having a tough time visualizing the motion of the springer, though, from the photos shown... Where were those pictures taken? Looks like a show of some sort.

expjawa said:
Wow, I really dig that green one, I particulaly like that shade of green. I'm having a tough time visualizing the motion of the springer, though, from the photos shown... Where were those pictures taken? Looks like a show of some sort.

It's a Columbia springer, the spring extends, allowing the back arm of the fork to move upwards.

Pictures were taken at a show for my school, I entered it as a course. Basically, free grades. :D

Araya51 said:
Here is my $5 dollar road bike that I've been working on. A Varsity I think.??? But anyway I have completely torn it apart and repainted it and converted to a single speed. All it needs now is a chain, tubes and tires, bar wrap and put the origenal seat back on..I hope you like it and enjoy. :mrgreen:
I wish I had taken before pictures but this is where its at now.
111311100425.jpg

111311100448.jpg

111311100458.jpg

111311100509.jpg

If those are the original forks, it was probably a Continental. Looking good!

NOS Schwinn fenders added last week and swapped out the scratched old bow pedals for sweet waffle cut reflector pedals.

IMG_4663.jpg

IMG_4656.jpg

0000harbor4676.jpg

Back