Schwinn bikes ( post pics here )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brianb said:
[i mg][/img]
Cool bike! :D Copy your direct link and the pic will be bigger :wink:

0717111414a3.jpg

Here is one of my 66' Collegiate. It is still raw, it will soon have an in frame 4-stroke kit in it. I have just been cruising it around like this for now.
IMAG0264.jpg

IMAG0262.jpg

Well I got a Schwinn for me! craigslist and a 80 mile round trip to gorgeous Cardiff by the Sea. Great experience,
I'm so excited, driving home listening to the Stones and actually talking to the bike to introduce myself :lol: Looks great
in the living room too :mrgreen:

Chrome middleweight fenders are now on my Search List, Cheers!

Rambler said:
Well I got a Schwinn for me! craigslist and a 80 mile round trip to gorgeous Cardiff by the Sea. Great experience,
I'm so excited, driving home listening to the Stones and actually talking to the bike to introduce myself :lol: Looks great
in the living room too :mrgreen:

Chrome middleweight fenders are now on my Search List, Cheers!

....; I thought I was the only one that did that....

Nice bike.

Here is my $5 dollar road bike that I've been working on. A Varsity I think.??? But anyway I have completely torn it apart and repainted it and converted to a single speed. All it needs now is a chain, tubes and tires, bar wrap and put the origenal seat back on..I hope you like it and enjoy. :mrgreen:
I wish I had taken before pictures but this is where its at now.
111311100425.jpg

111311100448.jpg

111311100458.jpg

111311100509.jpg

My customized 2007 BFK (Black Friday Krate): 7-speed Shimano Nexus hub laced to the original hoop w/rapid fire shifter; early 70’s Puch moped drum brake laced to an aluminum hoop w/parking brake cable; duel LED headlights; LED tail light; H-D tool bag; sissy bar; black dice valve caps; OCC Stingray black acorn axle nuts front and rear; triple horn.

The installation of the Nexus hub required “Cold Bending” the seat and chain stays using the carjack off of a 2001 Ford Focus. The separation took several days, expanding the distance ~5-8-millimeters per day, at the end, a full twist for standing clearance in order to install the rear wheel, bolted her up and she worked a charm. Cabling was all straight forward.

I hope you like her:

018-1.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

That Dia De Los Muertos skull came out really good .. Nice job on the cruiser. I bet the wife is just tickled pink about her bike.!!!

Araya51 said:
Here is my $5 dollar road bike that I've been working on. A Varsity I think.??? But anyway I have completely torn it apart and repainted it and converted to a single speed. All it needs now is a chain, tubes and tires, bar wrap and put the origenal seat back on..I hope you like it and enjoy. :mrgreen:
I wish I had taken before pictures but this is where its at now.
111311100425.jpg

111311100448.jpg

111311100458.jpg

111311100509.jpg
OK, Not a sunny day today and trust me it looks a lot better in the sun but Here is the finished and ready for the new owner.????
111811143844.jpg

111811143909.jpg

111811143924.jpg

Found this 1974 Schwinn Breeze on craigslist and grabbed it this morning for seventy five bucks...really clean paint and sweet shiftin and bra kin!
All original except rubber and front rim.

Latest posts

Back