Schwinn bikes ( post pics here )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super cool Varsity!

Did you make that seat post with plumbers pipe?

1339964467947.jpg
pic of my brothers bike

^^^ Beautiful Collegiate....and posed against the perfect backdrop!

This is my wife's 1969 Schwinn Stingray Stardust 3-Speed. Found this on craigslist a couple months ago from the original owner.

2012-06-01125311-1.jpg

This is my 1975 Schwinn Stingray Fastback 5-Speed. I want to thank kingfish for the NOS Shimano shifter. I think it fits the bike great.

2012-06-16105135.jpg

Here's a picture of our vintage Schwinns at the Long Beach Motorcycle Swap Meet a few months ago... (This is also one of the biggest swap meets in So-Cal for vintage bicycle parts).
The black motorized bike is my 1950 26" Schwinn Excelsior, the white one is my GFs 1961 24" Tornado & the red one is my sons 1960 20" Tornado.
vmbswapbikes.jpg

1952 BF Goodrich Schwinn built Phantom (as the badge says lol ) as found

IMAG0224.jpg

IMAG0225.jpg

IMAG0223.jpg

IMAG0222.jpg

Here it is with a lite clean up and new rims to make it a rider =)

IMAG0326.jpg

IMAG0327.jpg

Was going to use the rear end of this trike on my build off bike, but decided not to. So know this is my next project! Not doing much to it really, maybe getting some new rims to lace these hubs too. I am going to upgrade the hardware holding the rear on as well as the chain, getting a shifter cable and lever to get the # speed up and going but other than that, I will just be re greasing and polishing everything. I also have an old Schwinn made in Germany generator light set that I will be using and maybe I'll throw an old brooks saddle that I have lying around on it.
IMG_20120726_150448.jpg

My 1951 Excelsior Schwinn Black Phantom. It has a drum FB and the wired rear brake activated tail light, hub switch was gone but i found one. Just waiting for the mailman! Goodyear rubber. I re-covered the seat with deer hide I had left over from a jacket my uncle made.
Everything was covered in rust but it cleaned up nicely. The red paint has turned orange but I like it!

c97acacd.jpg

e306d464.jpg

Back