Sand Rover DONE! (finished pics pg 5, sand video pg 7)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bize said:
I wasn't sure about this one at first, but after seeing the finished pics, I'm digging it! It really all came together. Nice work

Thank you, I am very proud of this bike, hoping I have more time to display, ride, and show it off in the future, but just as I finished it a tree crushed my shop, so since it's maiden voyage to the beach it's been under tarp in a wet shop and me all bummed out. Insurance check in hand, hoping to start shop repair soon.

Good luck with the shop repair.
My co-worker that did teh welding on Fugsley just finished fixing his roof after a tree fell on it. He actually ended up with a nice piece of change leftover from the insurance check.
Hope you do too!

kingfish254 said:
Good luck with the shop repair.
My co-worker that did teh welding on Fugsley just finished fixing his roof after a tree fell on it. He actually ended up with a nice piece of change leftover from the insurance check.
Hope you do too!

The building was insured for $30,000, I got a check for $27,xxx, so I think I'll do OK. I also have about $6000 due back to me in depreciation as a turn in receipts.

I just read through pages 8, 9, and 10, sad to see the progression of me worried about the storm ruining our vacation and then it ruining my shop instead. The shop is still not fixed, stupid mortgage company. I do have a roof over the shop, but still no carport roof and the interior is gutted now.

Ugh.

Sand Rover is still good though. :D

yoothgeye said:
I just read through pages 8, 9, and 10, sad to see the progression of me worried about the storm ruining our vacation and then it ruining my shop instead. The shop is still not fixed, stupid mortgage company. I do have a roof over the shop, but still no carport roof and the interior is gutted now.

Ugh.

Sand Rover is still good though. :D

Sorry to hear that your shop sitll isn't fixed.

You should vacation in Savannah this Summer and bring Sand Rover. We can have a Fat Tire race on the beach with Fugsley.

I just looked at your finished photos again. I love that bike! Sometime in the next few weeks I am going to have to put the spare set of OCC rims/tires on Fugsley.

kingfish254 said:
I just looked at your finished photos again. I love that bike! Sometime in the next few weeks I am going to have to put the spare set of OCC rims/tires on Fugsley.

Thanks man, it is definitely a cool bike, I can't foresee not owning this bicycle when others seem to get easier to be able to let go of, I just can't imagine seeing this one riding away in someone else' truck.

chimichanga said:
Sweet build man but I am still in tears over that gt frame. :D

Good, I don't care what kind of attention it gets, just that it get attention, haha. I did get some cool GT decals and might at least put the name back on it. The frame was really a loser anyway, beyond repairable for the value, still have the rear drops and they aren't even stamped GT. I do still have the fork though, it's in good shape, not sure if it's worth anything, and the front wheel.

Just discovered this thread, love your bike. Its a poor mans Hanebrink, it makes me want to learn to weld really bad. Awesome job, totally impressive. I am on the hunt for an OCC Stingray....

12gaugesage said:
Just discovered this thread, love your bike. Its a poor mans Hanebrink, it makes me want to learn to weld really bad. Awesome job, totally impressive. I am on the hunt for an OCC Stingray....

:p That's funny, I always thought it was a poor man's Fugsley.

12gaugesage said:

Thanks man, Kingfish shows that you don't need much skill to reproduce what I did. :mrgreen: :wink:

It's still one of my favorite bikes.

LOL, Sand Rover is one of my fave bikes too. Do you ever ride it anymore?
Fugsley definitely wouldn't exist without SR. It started a sorta a copy, but somewhere along the line it morphed into something different. I still haven't taken it to the beach yet.

You should post more photos of SR!

kingfish254 said:
LOL, Sand Rover is one of my fave bikes too. Do you ever ride it anymore?
Fugsley definitely wouldn't exist without SR. It started a sorta a copy, but somewhere along the line it morphed into something different. I still haven't taken it to the beach yet.

You should post more photos of SR!

I pull it out and ride around a little, but with the guy who use to ride with me no going as much, it does collect some dust.

If we had a Walmart over here in Australia I would buy one!

Luke, why is it you still live there? I mean, I'd love to visit Australia, it seems like a cool place, but you'd be an asset to us here. Just don't become a citizen, you'll get better benefits.

just think if someone built a 4 wheel cart based on the moon rover using 4 20 occ wheel , i could be 2 seats with both persons peadling add a jack shaft with gears !

Latest posts

Back