1. The forum software will be upgraded on Thursday evening (April 2). During this time the site may be down for a period of time to make the change. Thanks for your patience as we do the work!
    Dismiss Notice

Saddle suggestion?

Discussion in 'BIKE TALK' started by aceuh, Sep 23, 2017.

1. aceuh

aceuh

I've got this same style of seat on a few of my bikes... And they look great... But they ride horrible!!!:bigsmile:

Any suggestions for something more comfortable that will still work with "the look" of the bike?

Thanks! 62617_4a5a9b84acf925df7235bd24e850d955.jpg 62618_3e0f29f313fa45eccc2a59faf1e9bb84.jpg IMG_20170805_120043.jpg

2. clamdigger

clamdigger

aceuh likes this.
  3. deorman

deorman

You might try fitting the undercarriage to a roadie saddle that has a bolted undercarriage.

4. Starnger

Starnger

My favorite is Electra XL. Done many hundreds with it, it is extremely soft and comfy. You can try swapping the springs with the ones you have if you like, may be it would be a nice result, but the pan shape from Electra is surely awesome.

5. aceuh

aceuh

6. aceuh

aceuh

Not sure I'm following you.
    I think the undercarriage is actually the issue with this saddle... It doesn't have any"give" to it at all. The shape of the pan isn't really where my comfort issue lies

7. aceuh

aceuh

I think the springs on the one I have are actually the issue... They don't have any "give" to them. I do have some Electra saddles that are very comfortable... But I don't think they are the xl

8. Dr. Tankenstein

Dr. Tankenstein

I’ve always been a fan of Brooks B72s and B67s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speed King, cman, aceuh and 1 other person like this.
  9. Bigcam59

Bigcam59

I've got 3 Leppers on 3 different stretch cruisers and they work for me. I like the Brooks as well, but new ones tend to be a bit pricey. I've also had good luck on my more "normal" bikes with the $30 Becoz Saddle from Selle Royale. seat.jpg

aceuh likes this.
  10. TroutFishingInAmerica

TroutFishingInAmerica

Brooks B67 and B72 as mentioned above, or Brooks B33 if you want more cushion and a front spring.

Dr. Tankenstein likes this.
  11. RAD DYNO

RAD DYNO

image.jpeg I'm a big fan of the B66. I've put a lot of miles on B66's, that part of me doesn't get tired.

12. Duchess

Duchess

I'm a big fan of Brooks B17, but recently tried an Aged B67/B68 on Interrobang (it's a B67, which is a B66 with a different mounting frame, but I changed to a springless B68 frame as they discontinued the B68). So far, I've found it to be extremely comfortable with no break-in required and that's without the springs.

[​IMG]

Dr. Tankenstein and RAD DYNO like this.
  13. Bicycle808

Bicycle808

Get a Brooks; pick your flavor. Knock-offs by Gyes are half-decent, too. This might be a good time to ask yourself, ¨do i really need springs?¨ B/c, for me personally, I much prefer the unsprung saddles.

Where do y´all get Lepper saddles from? Every time i see them offered online, they´re asking basically Brooks prices for them anyway.

Duchess likes this.
  14. Duchess

Duchess

Watch out for Cardiff, though! I got a B17-like one for a steal (usually not much cheaper than Brooks), but it's hard as a rock with no signs of softening even with multiple applications of glove softener because there's a kind of fabric glued to the underneath that seems to block anything from getting through and I painted the top, so I only have access to the bottom. Maybe you wouldn't mind it, but I thought I'd put out the warning.

Bicycle808 likes this.
  15. Bicycle808

Bicycle808

AFAIK, Gyes makes the saddles for Cardiff and Velo-Orange. I agree, the leather is harder than Brooks, and it definitely has the weird fabric-ky stuff on the underside. I guess the pros are, it´s more weatherproof than Brooks and they don´t have the same break-in period. The cons are, they aren´t as rad as Brooks and, although they totally ripped off the look, the feel is considerably different. A friend gave me one, thought, and it´s done me fine...

16. aceuh

aceuh

Lots of great info here guys